Help with a question I received... Topic

Guys, I'm mentoring a newbie and he has a question for me that I'm stumped on. He is in a battle with another school over a recruit. He's listed as Moderate and the other Coach is at Very High. Anyway, my co-worker has been pumping in like 40-48 AP's per cycle with a guaranteed start, the requisite CV and plenty of HV's. My friend has 3 open scholarships and the other guy has none. His question is how is he getting beat when the other guy can't sign him until he cuts one of his players? I'm waiting on the Preferences for this guy and told him that's the only reason other than the other dude spending all his recruiting cash on that one player. The player is either signing early or by the end of the first period. Any thoughts that I can relay? Thanks in advance.
2/17/2017 11:25 AM
Addendum:
2 NJ schools fighting over a NY JUCO. His preferences show three neutrals and a very good.
2/17/2017 11:29 AM
Hmmmm. Prestige/preferences way better for the other guy? Or any chance your friend forgot to offer a scholarship?
OR if it is a 3 year JUCO.....effort from last year carries over. Like if he was a ineligible and decided to go Juco then the guy who lost out gets recruiting credit the following season.
Posted by reinsel on 2/17/2017 11:29:00 AM (view original):
Hmmmm. Prestige/preferences way better for the other guy? Or any chance your friend forgot to offer a scholarship?
I would imagine the other Coach is killing him on Preferences. My friend has a B+ and the other guy is a C. I'm trying to find anything to clear the air for him. He loaded as many AP's as possible for the next cycle.
2/17/2017 11:33 AM
Posted by reinsel on 2/17/2017 11:30:00 AM (view original):
OR if it is a 3 year JUCO.....effort from last year carries over. Like if he was a ineligible and decided to go Juco then the guy who lost out gets recruiting credit the following season.
Thanks reinsel, I had not thought of that.
By the way, my friend used the free code for his season so I don't think he has posting rights.
2/17/2017 11:36 AM
Help with a question I received... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.