What's the biggest recruiting upset in HD 3.0? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I can't believe I had to wait for the 2nd page to see a post from Mike.

Absolutely no way to defend this happening. I had a similar situation but not nearly as egregious. I was moderate and gave up hope, removed AP and next cycle guy goes high and signs with me.
2/23/2017 12:09 PM
Lot of threads I don't post in. It's just pet peeve of mine when someone demands realism while they have unheard of tenure at a school.

And I believe forcing users to give up their team is a horrible idea. But, as I said, pet peeve.
2/23/2017 12:31 PM
When in the world would anyone consider going to a D3 school when 2 D1 schools are giving up close to max effort. This is crazy and it is bad for D3, bad for D1 and bad for the game.
2/23/2017 3:30 PM
One case doesn't require a complete overhaul of the system.
2/23/2017 3:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/23/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):
One case doesn't require a complete overhaul of the system.
I don't recall any advocacy in this thread of going back to the bad old days of 2.0, and I think that straw man has been dead and buried for some time now, but nice try. The result of this battle is a very visible piece of evidence that something is sideways in the way battles are decided between divisions. There may be other, less obvious pieces of evidence, but in any event, this strikes me as an relatively easy and minor fix (as opposed to an "overhaul") that would affect only a limited number of battles. Seems you could just provide a divisional multiplier to the current setup -- if a recruiting action has value X for DIII, it should have 2X for DII, and 3X for DI. Still gives DIII a chance, but is more realistic, and you remove this insane result.
2/23/2017 4:45 PM
That's a great idea, john.
2/23/2017 5:18 PM
There already is a multiplier. Just needs to be bigger.
2/23/2017 5:20 PM
Because of one battle? That's my point.

If this was happening with regularity, and we'd KNOW if it was, yeah, make some changes. They didn't change the Premier League because a 5000-1 team won the championship last year.
2/23/2017 5:23 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/23/2017 5:20:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, that's what I meant -- didn't mean to imply that a DIII HV had the same effect as a DI HV.
2/23/2017 5:30 PM
Posted by johnsensing on 2/23/2017 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/23/2017 5:20:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, that's what I meant -- didn't mean to imply that a DIII HV had the same effect as a DI HV.
Ah okay my bad.

I think some of the preferences need an extra boost for higher levels. Giving minutes to a recruit who wants to play from a D1 school should be worth WAAAY more than getting them from a D3. Same thing with a Start. It should have a separate multiplier from sending an HV. It should mean A LOT.
2/23/2017 6:05 PM
Anyone know what his potentials are?
2/23/2017 6:25 PM
Posted by supersloth33 on 2/23/2017 6:25:00 PM (view original):
Anyone know what his potentials are?
Stamina 68 Blue
Durability 66 Blue
Ath 61 Red
Speed 81 yellow
Rebound 1 red
Defense 51 blue
Block 1 red
LP 1 red
PE 77 yellow
BH 68 green
P 51 green
WE 65
FT C+ Blue
2/23/2017 6:33 PM
In most recent recruiting session of Iba

As DII Incarnate Word (A+) won won the dice roll around 25% versus DI Baylor (B+) at 75%. Was a late signing preference.

i don't recall exact preferences, but I offered 15 minutes relative early, so I assume playing time was important.

But promises are HUGE. I was at moderate as session 2 started and had effectively given up. Maxed HVs and it wasn't enough to get me out of moderate. Left him alone for a day, went back and threw a start and 2 AP at him. Pushed me into mid 20% and high, got me to the dice roll. If there's an AP multiplier to be gained from offering start earlier, starts could carry even more power.

(I might be not be recalling how long I was in moderate exactly, but Baylor knocked me down to moderate easily and I couldn't get out until the start)
2/23/2017 8:43 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
What's the biggest recruiting upset in HD 3.0? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.