What's the biggest recruiting upset in HD 3.0? Topic

It's been an issue for awhile, but not sure how that gets fixed. There will always be players at each level that don't belong there. Whether it be players up a level or two from where they should be, or the opposite.
2/26/2017 10:38 AM
Posted by supersloth33 on 2/26/2017 10:38:00 AM (view original):
It's been an issue for awhile, but not sure how that gets fixed. There will always be players at each level that don't belong there. Whether it be players up a level or two from where they should be, or the opposite.
There are players that don't belong on a YMCA team.
2/26/2017 10:39 AM
I totally agree. But I think an even bigger problem is the designations of player levels. The original player in question for example. Is he really a division 1 player? If ATH is really so important, what's his real value to a D1 team? Maybe lower rung D1 teams, but certainly not for teams such as UCONN and WVU.
2/26/2017 10:42 AM
I mean, I guess it's like art or a collectible. The value is whatever a person is willing to place on it. If A+ teams want a player like that then I guess it's A+ quality.
2/26/2017 10:46 AM
I think it's much closer to, crap I've been squeezed out on a recruits A through P, well here's option Q, let's settle on him rather than a crappy walkon or some such. But what do I know, I've never been above D3 so my opinion probably doesn't matter.
2/26/2017 10:59 AM
Yeah perhaps. But if he's got enough cash left to send 15 HVs then in this particular case it probably wasn't a last ditch effort. And there were 2 of them.

But yeah, I dunno. Some people would have maybe taken a walk on and been okay with it. But if you can get yourself to A+ at D1, I feel like you have a somewhat good idea of what players will help you succeed.

On the recruit gen thing - I would like to see many more project type players. Guys who maybe start out with low ratings but have nice potential. Maybe they're crap their FR and SO years but turn out to be real nice as a JR or SR. I feel like that that's what D3 is all about. And yeah it already exists, sure but I think there should be more of these types of guys.

Instead of having players who are better as FR than other teams top SRs. Just my opinion at least.
2/26/2017 11:15 AM
From a programming standpoint, what would you do?

1. Revamp the entire system to include better recruit generation and a block on recruiting higher projected level players
2. Leave it alone and let lower level schools recruit players who have no business on a higher level school
2/26/2017 12:51 PM
Posted by zorzii on 2/26/2017 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Quota alert: Mike has exceeded the number of posts for today.
And you've avoided this question like it would give you AIDS if you got near it:

Or not. Because, as I stated and you ignored, it will decrease the D3 pool thus causing n00bs with zero seasons to battle vets with 100s of D3 seasons for players. How on earth can that be a good thing?
2/26/2017 12:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/26/2017 12:51:00 PM (view original):
From a programming standpoint, what would you do?

1. Revamp the entire system to include better recruit generation and a block on recruiting higher projected level players
2. Leave it alone and let lower level schools recruit players who have no business on a higher level school
2/26/2017 6:51 PM
That's a poor use of time management. And, as a side note, if YOU had to do it, I think you're lying.
2/26/2017 6:55 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/26/2017 6:55:00 PM (view original):
That's a poor use of time management. And, as a side note, if YOU had to do it, I think you're lying.
You think I'm lying? Um... K.
2/26/2017 7:14 PM
Sure. No one says "This is working OK. But you know what? I'm going to redo everything because I feel like it." NO ONE takes on more work for a tiny difference.
2/26/2017 7:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/26/2017 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Sure. No one says "This is working OK. But you know what? I'm going to redo everything because I feel like it." NO ONE takes on more work for a tiny difference.
Except I don't think it's a tiny difference. You can disagree but that's what I'm saying. I think it's a flaw that should be fixed because it'll make the game better. So therefore, yeah, I'd spend my time on it.

Not complicated.
2/26/2017 7:21 PM
Or maybe you do. Then you're just inefficient as hell.

I could buy toner, ink pens, paper, etc, etc at different places and save a buck here and there. But that's a terribly inefficient way to run a business. Man hours wasted. Which is exactly what you're advocating and claiming you'd do.
2/26/2017 7:22 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/26/2017 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/26/2017 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Except I don't think it's a tiny difference. You can disagree but that's what I'm saying. I think it's a flaw that should be fixed because it'll make the game better. So therefore, yeah, I'd spend my time on it.

Not complicated.
Well, as best I can tell, in this very negative forum, that there are about 2 of you thinking this specific aspect of the game is broken. So, wave your flag. Most disagree.
2/26/2017 7:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
What's the biggest recruiting upset in HD 3.0? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.