What's the biggest recruiting upset in HD 3.0? Topic

Well I guess it's a good thing I'm not your boss. Or I work for you. Or that we have any involvement together beyond just arguing on the internet.
2/26/2017 7:24 PM
OK, I'll ask. Say I spend $200 on office supplies buying at one spot. Takes my employee one hour to go pick it up.

I could save $8 if I sent them to three different places but it would take 2 hours.

I pay them $15 an hour.

What should I do?
2/26/2017 7:27 PM
How is your analogy relevant to your initial question? You asked me if I'd spend time on fixing recruit generation and I said yes. That's my opinion.

What does that have to do with going to spend money on office supplies and being efficient with your money?
2/26/2017 7:32 PM
Because efficiency applies to everything.

Putting in the man hours to fix what, as best I can tell, two people think needs work, would increase WifS' profit by how much? Will that change bring in new users? Uh, no. Will you and zorzi buy seventy eleven billion teams to pay for the re-work? Uh, no.

So why in the hell should WifS do it? They can use the programmer who'd be farting around on an unnecessary change to do something productive.
2/26/2017 7:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/26/2017 7:36:00 PM (view original):
Because efficiency applies to everything.

Putting in the man hours to fix what, as best I can tell, two people think needs work, would increase WifS' profit by how much? Will that change bring in new users? Uh, no. Will you and zorzi buy seventy eleven billion teams to pay for the re-work? Uh, no.

So why in the hell should WifS do it? They can use the programmer who'd be farting around on an unnecessary change to do something productive.
Will that change make a better game? IMO, yes. So if I was running the show, I'd make changes based upon what I think will help improve the game.

And you think I'm the first person to complain about recruit generation being bad?
2/26/2017 7:41 PM
If you were running the show, you'd look at the bottom line. That's what people running the show do.

So, do you think the change you suggest would bring in more users? I can tell you, without hesitation, that I would not add teams.
2/26/2017 7:43 PM
Well I'll add 2 teams to compensate for you leaving when Coach Benis is 'running the show'.
2/26/2017 7:45 PM
Just let me know when that happens. But I didn't say I was leaving. I'll leave when I get bored with the game or when I find it unplayable. And I won't stick around to complain nor start a "I'm leaving" thread. That's what losers do.
2/26/2017 7:47 PM
Fix d3 recruiting.
2/26/2017 7:55 PM
Posted by zorzii on 2/26/2017 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Fix d3 recruiting.
Or not. Because, as I stated and you ignored, it will decrease the D3 pool thus causing n00bs with zero seasons to battle vets with 100s of D3 seasons for players. How on earth can that be a good thing?
2/26/2017 8:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/26/2017 8:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 2/26/2017 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Fix d3 recruiting.
Or not. Because, as I stated and you ignored, it will decrease the D3 pool thus causing n00bs with zero seasons to battle vets with 100s of D3 seasons for players. How on earth can that be a good thing?
It's better they battle than letting top coaches get D1 players and 700 ov teams.
2/26/2017 8:51 PM
Well, yeah, if you're the user with 100s of D3 seasons. Not so much if you're a clueless n00b.
2/27/2017 6:21 AM
I've got the solution for realism. You have no attribute numbers. Instead, you must watch thousands of hours of tape and drive to places like Athens, OH to watch a 5-11 point guard with limited quickness, no left hand, and a high ACT score so that you hit your averages as dictated by the administration.
2/27/2017 2:14 PM
This is going back to an earlier topic. We have already established that the difference between being at 58%, and 42% is minimal. And you really have a similar chance at both percentages. So do you really think putting those extra 5 AP on that one player is going to make that much of a difference? You can still put the 20 pts. on him to keep you competitive. Just not the 35 or the crazy 80 AP I've heard people talking about.

It seems best to spread those extra 5 AP points on backup players that don't have anyone on them.
2/27/2017 3:32 PM
Posted by ab90 on 2/27/2017 2:14:00 PM (view original):
I've got the solution for realism. You have no attribute numbers. Instead, you must watch thousands of hours of tape and drive to places like Athens, OH to watch a 5-11 point guard with limited quickness, no left hand, and a high ACT score so that you hit your averages as dictated by the administration.
+1

Its a game guys. Not real life.
2/27/2017 4:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
What's the biggest recruiting upset in HD 3.0? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.