Back in the day when I first played GD, you had to worry about injuries. When recruiting you looked at durability. I once had a stud freshman RB get injured and lost for almost the entire season. This was realistic. How many times have we seen college players injured and at the worst time? I really wished they would bring injuries back. It adds a very real dimension to the game. Would you recruit a player with off the charts ratings if they had a 20 durability?
2/17/2017 1:27 PM
This is actually one of the things I talk about in my show.
2/17/2017 1:28 PM
Many people dont like injuries because they pay for this game and that might ruin their season. I'm all for anything that makes this more of a simulation.
2/17/2017 1:33 PM
Injuries where terrible and made the game worst. This isn't real-life we don't injuries. You could be at a lower bcs school make them a great team then have your senior QB go down for the season and maybe your Jr or Soph QB isn't close talent wise or IQ wise and you have no shot at all. What's the point of even trying at that point. I played when we had injuries and it's just not needed and adds nothing of relevance to the game. In my most humbled opinion.
2/17/2017 1:35 PM
Posted by genuvar on 2/17/2017 1:33:00 PM (view original):
Many people dont like injuries because they pay for this game and that might ruin their season. I'm all for anything that makes this more of a simulation.
And that is my point, your All American QB gets sacked and has his shoulder separated. A RB blows out his ACL. What about concussions? Broken bones? When I pay to play a game I want realism. Even Superman had a weakness.
2/17/2017 1:38 PM
Posted by truedevil33 on 2/17/2017 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Injuries where terrible and made the game worst. This isn't real-life we don't injuries. You could be at a lower bcs school make them a great team then have your senior QB go down for the season and maybe your Jr or Soph QB isn't close talent wise or IQ wise and you have no shot at all. What's the point of even trying at that point. I played when we had injuries and it's just not needed and adds nothing of relevance to the game. In my most humbled opinion.
Sounds like real life football. Why take a team with all sims and do a rebuild? It's called facing a challenge. And injuries leveled the playing field.
2/17/2017 1:42 PM
No.
2/17/2017 1:42 PM
If we had 70 man rosters and 25 open schollys every season, I would be fine with injuries.

50 man rosters and ? schollys makes it a bad idea.

Real life is not what we play here.
2/17/2017 1:45 PM
Posted by FlaRounder on 2/17/2017 1:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by truedevil33 on 2/17/2017 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Sounds like real life football. Why take a team with all sims and do a rebuild? It's called facing a challenge. And injuries leveled the playing field.
Your deffinitly in the minority but entitled to your opinion
2/17/2017 1:56 PM
Im with you flarounder.. I like brutally realistic simulations. I also know that to deal with it there may have to be tweaks to other areas of the game as well (including roster size). I also have come to accept that it will probably not happen because there is just too many against it.
2/17/2017 1:58 PM
I agree: Injuries would suck due to roster size. In addition to all the season-ending injuries, how about all of the smaller injuries? Think of your O-line. Hopefully you have, say, 8 guys there. What happens if 1 goes down with a season-ending injury and 2 have short-term injuries. You have no backups! The NFL has 53-man active rosters and a practice squad of 10 players. NCAA teams can have 105-player rosters.

I'm OK with no injuries in this game.
2/17/2017 2:01 PM
I think 70 was a fair number (I believe thats was NCAA (EA Games) used). Usually I could crank up the injury chance and still be ok with that amount.
2/17/2017 2:04 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 2/17/2017 1:45:00 PM (view original):
If we had 70 man rosters and 25 open schollys every season, I would be fine with injuries.

50 man rosters and ? schollys makes it a bad idea.

Real life is not what we play here.
I gotta agree here. With a 50 man roster and only 3 red shirts Im cool with no injuries. On the flip side however if we could redshirt like 6 or so players and have rosters expanded to like 75 it would allow a more "realistic" but not Unreasonable change to the game. Just remember to be careful about what we say we don't want and what we do want based on "realism". I don't know about you all but sometimes real world is dire, negative and sometimes impossible. It's hobbies like this that help me remain sane.

Cheers
2/17/2017 2:05 PM
Posted by genuvar on 2/17/2017 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Im with you flarounder.. I like brutally realistic simulations. I also know that to deal with it there may have to be tweaks to other areas of the game as well (including roster size). I also have come to accept that it will probably not happen because there is just too many against it.
I think the bigger problem here is you will never see because WIS will never change the game again lol
2/17/2017 2:39 PM
Well that too.. but I'm trying to be optimistic :-)
2/17/2017 2:40 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.