I would love to have injuries back in the game but also understand that this is certainly a very divisive topic. Just wondering...would it be FEASIBLE (from a programming perspective) to turn injuries back on for one "world"? Note: I realize that it would be nearly impossible to determine which "world" gets used because folks would never agree...I am only asking if it is theoretically possible!
2/17/2017 5:47 PM
Anything is possible
2/17/2017 5:53 PM
No
2/17/2017 6:33 PM
Posted by mdodge13 on 2/17/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chrondon84 on 2/17/2017 1:45:00 PM (view original):
If we had 70 man rosters and 25 open schollys every season, I would be fine with injuries.

50 man rosters and ? schollys makes it a bad idea.

Real life is not what we play here.
I gotta agree here. With a 50 man roster and only 3 red shirts Im cool with no injuries. On the flip side however if we could redshirt like 6 or so players and have rosters expanded to like 75 it would allow a more "realistic" but not Unreasonable change to the game. Just remember to be careful about what we say we don't want and what we do want based on "realism". I don't know about you all but sometimes real world is dire, negative and sometimes impossible. It's hobbies like this that help me remain sane.

Cheers
If we went to that many players, the length of the recruiting period would be a positive rather than a negative.
2/17/2017 7:20 PM
I played when we had injuries. I liked injuries because it made depth an important aspect of the game in my opinion.

nitros
2/17/2017 9:58 PM
If injuries return we will need a 70 to 80 man roster. Recruiting will need to be revamped.
2/18/2017 12:38 PM
Posted by matthewjohns on 2/18/2017 12:38:00 PM (view original):
If injuries return we will need a 70 to 80 man roster. Recruiting will need to be revamped.
Not sure that I agree that rosters would need to be expanded...it would all depend upon the FREQUENCY that injuries would occur. If "averages" 1-3 per season, it would be fine and would just add a strategic element...and would make Durability meaningful. If there are a lot more, then I acknowledge that other aspects of the game (like roster size) would require tweaks. It all depends on the programming.
2/18/2017 12:46 PM
I'd be OK with injuries as long as rosters were expanded by 4-5 players.

As I recall, it seemed like I had 3-4 guys out at any one point in time back in the day.

While I did have some big injuries hit me back then, I didn't know what I was doing, do it didn't matter as much. I completely see the point of others who are adamantly against it.

With that said, there are bigger opportunities for WIS in this game - namely getting a D1 4-8 team playoff in place.
2/18/2017 1:14 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.