The Coffee and Chronic Hour with Chrondon84 Topic

I'm with chrondon on not scheduling an elite at a BCS school. Let them knock each other off. Sure you are going to have seasons where some elite will run the table and he's off to the NC. But then you have the BCS team that ran the table and he has an easier SOS but he gets the undefeated bonus so he goes to the NC too. It's not easy beating the talent of an elite and they already have the recruiting advantage so let them knock each other off in non-con or play sims. Why help their SOS by playing them?

I also appreciated your view point on the honesty and dishonesty in this game. Its good having another perspective. Keep this show running.

On a side note, if this pain of the wear and tear of my body continues I am threatening to go back to puffing myself. Been years.
2/18/2017 2:19 AM
I quit for years.

I could not handle the pain meds my doctor prescribed me. They messed me up and I could tell I was getting addicted to them after only a month or two.

The moment I realized I never took another pill. But I did start back on the herbs.

2/18/2017 2:29 AM
Cannabis has for way too long been considered the Heathen Devil Weed and the Gateway drug to the other drugs.
What a load of crap. It is not addictive; I have been smoking, then taking long periods off depending on my schedule, and WAY less harmful(if at all) then booze . And what about it's many beneficial properties ?
The fact that there are people in jail sentenced for years for being caught with some is horrific IMO. If you are caught driving drunk or having an accident while drunk the penalties are much less severe.
These days, on nights when I can't stay asleep, I will toke up and get a good nights rest.
2/18/2017 4:02 AM
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the podcast. I hope you continue. I especially like your gameplanning segment.

Keep it up.

nitros
2/18/2017 9:59 AM
---------------------------------------------------------

https://www.spreaker.com/show/2173663

---------------------------------------------------------

Episode 2 is up now.

----------------------------------------------------------
2/18/2017 5:55 PM (edited)
Posted by nitros on 2/18/2017 9:59:00 AM (view original):
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the podcast. I hope you continue. I especially like your gameplanning segment.

Keep it up.

nitros
I will get back to the game planning in my next episode. I ran out of time and had to cover the topics that I could.
2/18/2017 5:23 PM
Another good episode. Looking forward to the next one.
2/19/2017 12:22 AM
I think I could talk about this game all day.

Gonna slow down. Give people a chance to listen to the first two episodes before I publish a third.

I got a lot of ideas for segments. Should be fun.
2/19/2017 2:43 AM
Chrondon: You are a breath of fresh air in this old game.
love your presentation and your enthusiasm for the game.
2/19/2017 5:02 AM
Thanks for the support.

I just woke up.

Making some coffee.

Kinda want to do another show...

If I do it think I'll postpone publishing until episode 2 gets more listens.
2/19/2017 12:51 PM
I've linked your show in my coaches chats. Some are quite bare but hopefully gives one or two guys the idea to listen.

Great work on episode 2.
2/19/2017 1:09 PM
I really enjoy your shows. Thanks for putting the time in and speaking your mind. Great sh#t!!
2/19/2017 1:10 PM
chrondon, I see you were fired after 5 seasons at Oregon State. You in no way should have been imo. But how about some thoughts on a future show on the hiring and firing process in this game and maybe specifficaly your recent firing?
2/19/2017 2:33 PM
Here's my take on recruiting and scheduling.

If you are at a BCS school you can challenge for any recruit. Most of the advantage at the elite schools comes from location or a perceived larger advantage- so people don't even bother to challenge. This really compounds the issue because if 95% of my region doesn't challenge me.. the one that does is going to be at a large disadvantage because I will have saved my funds. For example: I recruited solid players and challenged Penn State and Ohio State for recruits as Pitt. I won a lot of those battles too. What helped was I wasn't the only one challenging them.

I've beat tennessee at Clemson (in an empty Heisman) and on the reverse I've had my *** handed to me at FSU.

My point is.. even if they have a slight advantage it shouldn't be exaggerated because the advantage doesn't always guarantee they will win.

---

On scheduling.. I always will schedule 1 or 2 games that I think are 50/50. 1 or 2 that are to my advantage but should still improve my SOS and 1 game that could be either or a sim if I have a weak team that season. This doesn't matter if I am at an Elite or not.. all based on the strength of the team. Unless you are at a midmajor or in the Big East you have the face Elites anyway so why not if you can beat them.
2/19/2017 4:13 PM
Oh I love the promotion/relegation leagues in any form. Its a great idea if you can get people involved.
2/19/2017 4:44 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
The Coffee and Chronic Hour with Chrondon84 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.