Totally new recruiting idea Topic

What if teams had to actually "schedule" HVs and a CV with prospects.

When you click on a prospect, a scheduling calendar would come up listing each cycle throughout the entire recruiting periods - early and late. There would be 6 openings per cycle for teams to schedule a HV or a CV with that prospect. One team could only schedule two per cycle.

Once those 6 openings were filled up, there would be no more visits for that player in that cycle, so you'd have to schedule one for later. Once you schedule one, if you back out it hurts you with that prospect. The player could also see all of the HVs that were coming up, so if D- Lamar was leading on a recruit, but A+ Texas had a visit scheduled two cycles from that time, the prospect might wait until the Texas visit before he decided to commit to Lamar.

It's a whole new approach, but would be really interesting in my opinion. You'd want to plan ahead. The money would be deducted when you scheduled it, but if a player signed before you visited them, or if you backed out before the visit, you'd get it back.

Teams that were expecting EEs could go ahead and schedule visits ahead of time with late prospects.

If you were visiting several prospects in the same cycle that were in the same city or state, the cost could go down.

You would also have a team scheduling page, showing the entire recruiting calendar and showing where you had scheduled visits. So if you has LSU it might look like:

COACH'S RECRUITING SCHEDULE
Cycle 1 - Slot 1: Billy Smith - Fort Worth, TX - $300
Cycle 1 - Slot 2: Jimmy Dean - Tyler, TX - $50 (since you were already in Fort Worth)
Cycle 1 Slot 3: Billy Morman - Salt Lake City, UT - $600 (since it costs a bit to get there)
Cycle 1 - Slot 4: OPEN
Cycle 1 - Slot 5: OPEN
Cycle 1 - Slot 1: Billy Smith - Fort Worth, TX - $400 - (Maximum Visits on this prospect this cycle)

On Billy Smith's page it might look like this:
BILLY SMITH - RECRUITING SCHEDULE
PERIOD 1
Cycle 1 - Slot 1 - LSU - HV
Cycle 1 - Slot 2 - TEXAS - CV
Cycle 1 - Slot 3 - OPEN
Cycle 1 - Slot 4 - TCU - HV
Cycle 1 - Slot 5: OPEN
Cycle 1 - Slot 6 - LSU - HV

Cycle 2 - Slot 1 - TEXAS - HV
Cycle 2 - Slot 2 - OPEN
Cycle 2 - Slot 3 - OPEN
Cycle 2 - Slot 4 - ARKANSAS CV
Cycle 2 - Slot 5: BAYLOR HV
Cycle 2 - Slot 6 - OPEN

So, if you were Texas A&M, You'd probably want to go head and schedule visits with him right away because his calendar was filling up.

You could also have the prospect reject teams, if their schedule was getting tight from desirable teams. But perhaps use of AP could sway the prospect to allowing visits.
2/18/2017 11:06 AM (edited)
Sounds good, but I would hope for some small fixes to some other issues before considering revamping the whole process.I definitely respect the creativity.
2/18/2017 11:38 AM
Definitely an interesting idea.
2/18/2017 11:42 AM
OUCH Was just getting the hang of recruiting when the system was changed. Haven't figured out the new system very well so far and the talk of changing again is all very confusing and frustrating for me! It has taken the fun out of the game for me! Personally I liked the old system a whole lot better then the current one. Hope they can take the best of both systems and finally create a system that is fair and fun for all.
2/18/2017 12:03 PM
Very creative. As with most changes, it would help some people and hurt some people. People with a lot of time to sit at the computer on HD all day and night, filling their schedules, should love it. It would freeze out people who aren't on HD around the clock. It could present some interesting opportunities to block opposing coaches from particular recruits. So, plusses and minuses. But a lot of programming effort taken away from areas that need it more.
2/18/2017 10:50 PM (edited)
Posted by jiss on 2/18/2017 12:03:00 PM (view original):
OUCH Was just getting the hang of recruiting when the system was changed. Haven't figured out the new system very well so far and the talk of changing again is all very confusing and frustrating for me! It has taken the fun out of the game for me! Personally I liked the old system a whole lot better then the current one. Hope they can take the best of both systems and finally create a system that is fair and fun for all.
Seems like you found the emoji button.
2/18/2017 8:40 PM
very interesting idea - a germ of 4.0
2/18/2017 9:16 PM
Posted by bbunch on 2/18/2017 8:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jiss on 2/18/2017 12:03:00 PM (view original):
Seems like you found the emoji button.
That is what I was going to say. Did WIS get invaded by a bunch of 12 year old girls after the last advertising push?

On topic--chapel's idea is indeed interesting, but would so fundamentally change how recruiting works that I feel it would be a completely different game. I don't program, but I imagine a much more complicated game to write as well.
2/18/2017 9:26 PM
That was kind of the system in the last EA NCAA Football game. I like this idea a lot.
2/19/2017 12:39 AM
"The money would be deducted when you scheduled it, but if a player signed before you visited them, or if you backed out before the visit, you'd get it back."

Chap, would you envision guys booking up recruits just to block other teams, since they could pull out at the last minute with impunity?
2/19/2017 11:32 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/19/2017 11:32:00 AM (view original):
"The money would be deducted when you scheduled it, but if a player signed before you visited them, or if you backed out before the visit, you'd get it back."

Chap, would you envision guys booking up recruits just to block other teams, since they could pull out at the last minute with impunity?
He said in the original post that if you were to back out it would hurt you with the player.
2/19/2017 11:54 AM
Aw, c'mon, think about it. If you're just blocking another team, not actually interested in the player in question, so what if it hurts you with the player?
2/19/2017 12:36 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/19/2017 12:36:00 PM (view original):
Aw, c'mon, think about it. If you're just blocking another team, not actually interested in the player in question, so what if it hurts you with the player?
Well, if a team can only send 2 HVs per cycle for all recruits then that means if they're sending them out to just block other people then they're not sending them towards players they really want and therefore they're hurting their own recruiting efforts.
2/19/2017 12:46 PM
*smh* Whoosh, right over your head again. To get an idea as to what kind of coach would thrive on this, read some of the GD forums where there is a discussion of tigerpark and akite going on.
2/19/2017 1:02 PM
Why don't you just explain it and spare us the sarcasm.
2/19/2017 1:04 PM
12 Next ▸
Totally new recruiting idea Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.