Most assists in a game? Topic

What is the most assists you've gotten in a game? Or best assists to turnover ratio?

In my NMSU game last night, my PG had 14 assists and zero turnovers. It's the best that I've ever gotten. Earlier in the season he had a 10 assist, zero turnover game too. He's not even that good, weird.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=14122553&tab=boxscore
2/18/2017 2:47 PM
I had a player 10 assists and zero turnovers on my naismith team. That was a while ago. He almost had a triple double in the game. His line was 23 points, 10 assists and 7 rebounds if I remember right.
2/18/2017 3:10 PM
Not trying to hijack your thread, Benis. Do attributes like speed and athleticism contribute at all to good assist - turnover ratios? Or is it just passing, ball handling, IQ, and teammates?
2/18/2017 6:13 PM
Posted by pallas on 2/18/2017 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Not trying to hijack your thread, Benis. Do attributes like speed and athleticism contribute at all to good assist - turnover ratios? Or is it just passing, ball handling, IQ, and teammates?
Honestly I'm not sure. I've seen some really low spd and ath guys be really efficient PGs. I think its factored in but is minor compared to the other things you mention.
2/19/2017 10:38 AM
low distro is important as well.

I think assists are calcuated as a weighed (by position) ratio of passing on the court.
2/19/2017 10:50 AM
I like threads like this. 14 is the highest I have seen. I did just have a true freshman just get 12 https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=14120589&tab=boxscore

Also this guy is consistently getting great assists. His distro is next to 0 while his sg is very high.

We are also getting assists on 78% of fg's made which has to be very high as well.
2/19/2017 11:34 AM (edited)
That's a good point TJ and Tex. My pg has very little distro. He had 14 assists but zero points. I like him just out there dropping dimes. He averages 7.5 assists a game which is #1 in D1 by a big margin - #2 is 5.8

Yeah, 78% assist rate does seem really, really high.
2/19/2017 11:47 AM
Posted by pallas on 2/18/2017 6:13:00 PM (view original):
They definitely contribute to good A/T ratios, especially speed. The majority of that comes on the TO end of that ratio, though.
2/19/2017 12:08 PM
Are you running triangle Tex? I have had triangle teams with ridiculous one game assist/ fog %.

my high was close to 90, something like 23-26
2/19/2017 12:11 PM
Motion TJ. My best game this season was last game, 22 assists on 25 fg's, 88%...
2/19/2017 4:31 PM
I'm pretty sure Adolph Betts had a 17-assist game during his senior year.
2/21/2017 2:33 PM
I hadn't really looked for this prior to this thread but I had a 7-0 from Pritts last night. But the next question might be "Most turnovers without an assist?"

I think my boy Grindstaff might have an early lead with his 0-8 to offset any good Pritts did.

Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Game Boxscore - Massachusetts Liberal Arts vs. W. Connecticut St.
2/27/2017 8:17 AM
Posted by Benis on 2/18/2017 2:47:00 PM (view original):
What is the most assists you've gotten in a game? Or best assists to turnover ratio?

In my NMSU game last night, my PG had 14 assists and zero turnovers. It's the best that I've ever gotten. Earlier in the season he had a 10 assist, zero turnover game too. He's not even that good, weird.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=14122553&tab=boxscore
Gillispie always used to say assists were a random component of the game and thus merely window dressing.

They aren't like rebounding, where there's a decision tree/algorithm used to determine who gets the rebound. For example after a missed shot the engine looks at who is on the court, their rebounding and athleticism ratings (maybe speed also, not sure), IQs, and team positioning and then determines who gets the rebound. For assists, the engine determines a shot is made and only afterwards decides if there was an assist on the play. In other words, assists aren't a part of the offensive algorithm. I *think* he also stated he confirmed this with either Seble or Tarek but I'm not 100% sure on that last part.
2/27/2017 8:43 AM
12 Next ▸
Most assists in a game? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.