Most assists in a game? Topic

Posted by darnoc29099 on 2/27/2017 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 2/18/2017 2:47:00 PM (view original):
What is the most assists you've gotten in a game? Or best assists to turnover ratio?

In my NMSU game last night, my PG had 14 assists and zero turnovers. It's the best that I've ever gotten. Earlier in the season he had a 10 assist, zero turnover game too. He's not even that good, weird.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=14122553&tab=boxscore
Gillispie always used to say assists were a random component of the game and thus merely window dressing.

They aren't like rebounding, where there's a decision tree/algorithm used to determine who gets the rebound. For example after a missed shot the engine looks at who is on the court, their rebounding and athleticism ratings (maybe speed also, not sure), IQs, and team positioning and then determines who gets the rebound. For assists, the engine determines a shot is made and only afterwards decides if there was an assist on the play. In other words, assists aren't a part of the offensive algorithm. I *think* he also stated he confirmed this with either Seble or Tarek but I'm not 100% sure on that last part.
So, if that's the case, then passing is just a portion of the turnover algorithm?
2/27/2017 8:55 AM
Mike-that's a good question. My understanding has always been both passing and ball handling are a part of the TO algorithm, though, probably ball handling more so (or, maybe BH is just more important against a press). Passing (especially team passing, or, the passing ratings of the 5 guys on the floor at that particular time) also drives how open likely your shooter will be when he takes the shot. Better team passing = finding open shooters = better FG %.
Team passing is something I WAY under-valued in this game for far too long. I'd look for good passing ratings in my guards and then wouldn't care as much about it in the 3-5 positions. When I started looking for bigs and small forwards that could pass my team FG% seemed to noticeably improve.
2/27/2017 9:03 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 2/27/2017 9:03:00 AM (view original):
Mike-that's a good question. My understanding has always been both passing and ball handling are a part of the TO algorithm, though, probably ball handling more so (or, maybe BH is just more important against a press). Passing (especially team passing, or, the passing ratings of the 5 guys on the floor at that particular time) also drives how open likely your shooter will be when he takes the shot. Better team passing = finding open shooters = better FG %.
Team passing is something I WAY under-valued in this game for far too long. I'd look for good passing ratings in my guards and then wouldn't care as much about it in the 3-5 positions. When I started looking for bigs and small forwards that could pass my team FG% seemed to noticeably improve.
That is my understanding of it as well.
2/27/2017 12:27 PM
"For example after a missed shot the engine looks at who is on the court, their rebounding and athleticism ratings (maybe speed also, not sure), IQs, and team positioning and then determines who gets the rebound. "

Type of O/D is a factor as well but speed isn't.
2/27/2017 12:28 PM
Gotcha on the speed, TJ. I knew it was a topic discussed here about a year ago but I couldn't remember what the consensus was.
2/27/2017 1:36 PM
I asked that in a developer chat like 5 years ago. Seble said it was mostly ATH and REB with a few other factors like settings and fatigue. I will see if I can find it.....
2/27/2017 4:58 PM

Other than REB, ATH and IQ, what goes into the equation of who gets a REBOUND? (Trentonjoe - Hall of Famer - 3:01 PM)

That's essentially it, other than things like fatigue and health.

2/27/2017 5:01 PM
Which lineup is better DI passing-wise (yes they both suck I know):

Lineup A
PG: pa=65
SG: pa=60
SF: pa= 50
PF: pa= 30
C: pa= 71

Lineup B
PG: pa= 80
SG: pa= 70
SF: pa= 50
PF: pa= 20
C: pa= 7

2/27/2017 5:04 PM
I would go with B ..the 25 points at the top are worth more than the 74 on the bottom.
2/27/2017 5:15 PM
◂ Prev 12
Most assists in a game? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.