Official response from Customer Service Topic

I have finally heard back from WIS customer support about my ticket. I could post the entire transcript, but I don't think it is neccessary. I selected the two responses that are relative. I would like it noted that I never asked that the two accounts be removed from the game.

The final verdict was this:
2/10/2017 3:38 PM
The direct target by akite30 would fall under the umbrella of collusion/impeding other owners.

2/17/2017 8:46 AM
After complete review of all of the accounts and their recruiting history, we cannot find enough evidence to penalize them by removing them from the game. Their accounts have been noted to watch for collusive efforts and they have been warned that if they attempt to collude, they will be removed. They have also been advised that they may want to move further apart so that any possible attempt at colluding would be futile.

We understand that this is not the outcome that many other owners are hoping for, but we need more hard, solid evidence on our side to take such an aggressive action as to remove an owner from a game that they paid to play like everyone else.
2/18/2017 2:49 PM
Customer support has told me that they consider the akite30 account in violation of the fair play guidelines “under the umbrella of collusion/impeding other owners.” If season 130 recruiting goes anything like season 129, I will be sending a ticket again. If something like that happens to you, you should also.
2/18/2017 2:50 PM
How about Tigerpark135? I have communicated with him in the forums, in the conference chat and through site mail. After he settled down and we were able to talk openly, he seems like a reasonable guy. He contends that he has not cheated at this game. He has conceded that if he were in my shoes, he would have suspected that the akite account was targeting him. He told me that he never directed his son to target esf0242 or myself. I don’t know him but I will take him at his word.

He told me that his son will not be continuing. He has agreed to approach the other users who have had a recruiting agreement with him and ask to stop it. Customer support will be watching the two accounts for any suspicious activity. The other coaches will be keeping an eye on him. There appears no way for anything fishy to happen with him in the future. As a community, let’s not seek retribution on him. If you believe that cheating and colluding is wrong, don’t sacrifice your principles. At the end of the day, you are defined by your character. Be true to yourself.
2/18/2017 2:50 PM
I would like to put this whole incident behind me. I want to get back to enjoying this game. For the last week and a half, I have spent way too much time focusing on this incident. In the meantime, I have neglected game planning, recruiting and all of the other strategy that goes with GD. These are the things that make this a good distraction from real life.

2/18/2017 2:51 PM
One more thing on the whole recruiting agreements problem. Years ago, I had someone site mail me asking to split recruits with them. I said no and moved on. I should have posted the site mail in the forums so that everyone could see what that coach was up to. If anyone ever sends you a site mail or contacts you about setting up an agreement, post it in the forums. That will leave everyone know who is trying to cut corners. If coaches see other users being publicly shamed, it will discourage potential conspirators from trying it.
2/18/2017 2:59 PM
Word
2/18/2017 4:24 PM
Posted by bkdries on 2/18/2017 2:59:00 PM (view original):
One more thing on the whole recruiting agreements problem. Years ago, I had someone site mail me asking to split recruits with them. I said no and moved on. I should have posted the site mail in the forums so that everyone could see what that coach was up to. If anyone ever sends you a site mail or contacts you about setting up an agreement, post it in the forums. That will leave everyone know who is trying to cut corners. If coaches see other users being publicly shamed, it will discourage potential conspirators from trying it.
I love that idea.

It's probably the only way we can reduce collusion.
2/18/2017 4:38 PM
and still....................NOTHING from akite during this entire ordeal. You guys and customer service can forgive this cheater if you want...but we all know what happened...really. CS dropped the ball ...end of story...they waited until everything died down...gave their weak verdict , and now its forgive and forget...???? . Everyone now will just fall back in line and pay their $11 a month.
Everybody calls CS stupid....but their not....they my friends are the shepherds and we are the sheep
2/18/2017 5:08 PM
Im got a decent story about my own cheating ways. The Coffee and Chronic Hour episode 2 is up if you would like to hear. Part three is the part that touches on this topic.
2/18/2017 5:09 PM
^ Tireless self promotion. lol
2/18/2017 5:10 PM
and still....................NOTHING from akite during this entire ordeal. You guys and customer service can forgive this cheater if you want...but we all know what happened...really. CS dropped the ball ...end of story...they waited until everything died down...gave their weak verdict , and now its forgive and forget...???? . Everyone now will just fall back in line and pay their $11 a month.
Everybody calls CS stupid....but their not....they my friends are the shepherds and we are the sheep

this
2/18/2017 6:50 PM
Official response from Customer Service Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.