I understand that in real football I is better for inside runs and Pro allows the backs to release a little easier in the passing game.

What about in GD? are there modifiers that make Pro better to use in the passing game? It seems like Pro is the go to flavor of the month formation for many of the high powered offenses.
2/19/2017 1:28 PM
long time ago , Wis said I has slight advantage in run and pro in passing. having run both successfully and winning nc with both i find no difference.
pick one and practice formation. That is more important.
2/19/2017 3:12 PM
I have experimented with both offenses and found the I-formation worked better against some defensive formations and Pro Set worked better against other formations. The game seems to favor outside runs and Pro set seemed to have a slight advantage on runs to the outside. There is definitely a reception efficiency difference between the two formations at certain depths and against certain defensive formations, but I did not record my findings and if I had it would not have been complete because of the limited amount of testing that I performed. But I'm sure that there is a difference, however slight, from the results that I got. Considering all of my results I decided that Pro Set was the most balanced offense in the game and I was able to get just as good or better results with it in a short period of time that I do with my more familiar Trips offense. I'm not going to spill the beans on what defenses I found the I-formation better at defeating, but it is certainly a powerful offense that is made even more powerful by the fact that so few coaches use it as their primary offense. It is much harder to defend an offense that you do not see very often.
2/19/2017 8:01 PM
i think pete might be having his own coffee and chronic hour
2/19/2017 8:08 PM
Posted by pete_61 on 2/19/2017 8:01:00 PM (view original):
I have experimented with both offenses and found the I-formation worked better against some defensive formations and Pro Set worked better against other formations. The game seems to favor outside runs and Pro set seemed to have a slight advantage on runs to the outside. There is definitely a reception efficiency difference between the two formations at certain depths and against certain defensive formations, but I did not record my findings and if I had it would not have been complete because of the limited amount of testing that I performed. But I'm sure that there is a difference, however slight, from the results that I got. Considering all of my results I decided that Pro Set was the most balanced offense in the game and I was able to get just as good or better results with it in a short period of time that I do with my more familiar Trips offense. I'm not going to spill the beans on what defenses I found the I-formation better at defeating, but it is certainly a powerful offense that is made even more powerful by the fact that so few coaches use it as their primary offense. It is much harder to defend an offense that you do not see very often.
Apparently I have a lot to learn
2/19/2017 9:27 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.