Using Illegal Players / League Integrity Topic

If someone in a league you're in drafts illegal players and the commissioner doesn't catch them during the roster checking process, what would be the best course of action for the commissioner:

A) Tell the owner to make a change by contacting support

B) Tell the owner to make a change by contacting support and, in the meantime, any games the illegal player appears in will be forfeited
2/20/2017 12:03 PM
I've had this happen as a commissioner before. Sometimes, you just miss one. Since I had made a mistake, I alerted the owner and sent a ticket to admin to have the illegal player removed from the owner's roster and replaced with the nearest legal statistical/salary equivalent. I did not leave it up to the owner to do this themselves. As commissioner I wanted to be sure the change was requested and know when it was resolved. The owner agreed to this. I also, for the sake of fairness, alerted the league of what had happened and the general response was that replacing the player without forcing forfeiture of any prior games in which he may have appeared was acceptable. The owner simply stopped using the illegal player until he was replaced by admin, which took only a few cycles and had no lasting impact.

Had the owner continued to use the illegal player after being alerted and agreeing to the change, I would have probably request admin forfeit any wins that may have occurred with the illegal player appearing in the game. Thankfully, in this scenario it never came to that.
2/20/2017 12:22 PM
I agree with skunk. If you pretty feel confident that it was an innocent mistake, and you're ultimately the one who dropped the ball, then you get the player replaced and no other penalties for the owner.
2/21/2017 8:41 AM
Agree with skunk and just went through this where an ineligible player (bench player w/ good stats) was added to a player's roster at inception. The consensus was the addition was an innocent mistake and once brought to the owner's attention, he rested the illegal player until such time as admin corrected the error. The player had participated in a couple of games and was actually instrumental in a win, but no forfeit was assessed.
2/21/2017 2:08 PM
I should add to this that the illegal player was mentioned in league chat over 24 hours before Game 1, and proceeded to play the player regardless.
2/21/2017 2:20 PM
What exactly is league chat????
2/21/2017 2:23 PM
The "Owners Forum" below the standings on every league's page.
2/21/2017 2:28 PM
Ok so you don't know if he read it.

Few more questions

how long did the entry process take?? 1st team to last team, and was he one of the first to enter his team, or middle, or at the end??

how many other teams does this guy have in WIS,(to make it simple just baseball only??

2/21/2017 2:41 PM
Using Illegal Players / League Integrity Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.