Love it
2/21/2017 1:27 PM
Guess is the best part of GD imo, I spent too much time messing around on it looking at rosters and rankings.

I can't remember if it did or not, or if WIS would be able to give out player potential, I mean players all have 1-4 potential and it should just be somewhere in the code to then let Guess make even better projections combining WE,Pot, and (gpa if that matters, I can't remember)
2/22/2017 3:25 PM
Posted by 0nly on 2/22/2017 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Guess is the best part of GD imo, I spent too much time messing around on it looking at rosters and rankings.

I can't remember if it did or not, or if WIS would be able to give out player potential, I mean players all have 1-4 potential and it should just be somewhere in the code to then let Guess make even better projections combining WE,Pot, and (gpa if that matters, I can't remember)
WIS doesn't make player potential available available. I've asked before, if there was some way they could make that information available after players have reported, but they have declined to make that information available.

For a short period of time, we ranked FR based on projected stats as seniors, but without knowing potential or practice plans, it was impossible to predict. The results were awful and we dropped the idea fairly quickly.

2/22/2017 4:10 PM
Yeh I guess thats what I was saying that its not like they don't have that info its just they dont release it and its too hard to base projections on anyone but your own players without the info from wis which sucks for such a good site.
2/22/2017 5:31 PM
I use the nerd report all the time so I hope you keep that going so I dont have to pull it myself .

I like how you added the conference logos.. definitely looks nicer then just a list.
2/22/2017 5:34 PM
Awesome job. It showed me that I need to work harder in recruiting.
2/22/2017 6:08 PM
For the By Position Top 25s, perhaps a number out to the side: 1, 2, 3, 4...

Once you get a few lines down the list, it's not so easy to tell the rank. But it's a very minor quibble.
2/22/2017 7:21 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 2/22/2017 7:21:00 PM (view original):
For the By Position Top 25s, perhaps a number out to the side: 1, 2, 3, 4...

Once you get a few lines down the list, it's not so easy to tell the rank. But it's a very minor quibble.
Excellent suggestion, and done.
2/23/2017 11:03 AM
Posted by genuvar on 2/22/2017 5:35:00 PM (view original):
I use the nerd report all the time so I hope you keep that going so I dont have to pull it myself .

I like how you added the conference logos.. definitely looks nicer then just a list.
Yeah, the only "bad" part about it is it makes me want to do the same thing for team logos, and that's a lot of files to have to download.
2/23/2017 11:04 AM
The conference logos are a nice touch. They seem a little large to me and that leads to a lot of scrolling to see top to bottom.
2/23/2017 11:30 AM
Going back to my first post.. how are you generating the position rank? If its combination (for example: Passing QB and Running QB) which is what it looks like maybe you could have another list in the Top 25 that shows that.
Quarterbacks Class Grade Passing QB
Rating
Running QB
Rating
Overall
Rank
Position
Rank
Class Rank
Overall
Class Rank
Position
Douglas Jones Fr. C+ 65.98 68.42 4005 QB 102 Fr. 719 Fr. QB 3

He's the #1 rushing QB and the #7 passing QB. So I'm guessing the rank was generated by combining the two lists. Just think you should be able to see that but right now I cant think of a good way to show it.
2/23/2017 12:01 PM
Posted by sethstorer on 2/23/2017 11:30:00 AM (view original):
The conference logos are a nice touch. They seem a little large to me and that leads to a lot of scrolling to see top to bottom.
I can shrink them some, but I don't want to lose too much detail.
2/23/2017 12:08 PM
The OL rankings in Rockne for Oklahoma and Tenn are not sorted correctly.
Texas is sorted correctly, so not sure if it needs worried about, just wanted to bring it to your attention.
2/23/2017 12:26 PM
Posted by aegsm76 on 2/23/2017 12:26:00 PM (view original):
The OL rankings in Rockne for Oklahoma and Tenn are not sorted correctly.
Texas is sorted correctly, so not sure if it needs worried about, just wanted to bring it to your attention.
As I said in the original message, only the most recent Warner season has the correct settings.
2/23/2017 12:33 PM (edited)
Hey Bob, really nice work. My only suggestion is on the appearance of the drop-down menu for the top 25 lists. It is not readily apparent that a drop-down menu exists in that top left corner. Perhaps some sort of tab or graphic that lets the reader know there is something going on in that corner other than subhead text. As for the content, it's great.

Did you ever modify the player rating formulas based on the user feedback you received?
2/23/2017 1:04 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.