Old question: CV's vs AI schools Topic

I thought 15 CV's at D-I level were enough to take out an AI team, but I am about to lose an offensive lineman. I also scouted twice and offered playing time. Has something changed just recently? This guy is not one of the top prospects, but he is a very good prospect. I think this is the first time this has happened to me. And he's 140 miles from me, roughly 400+ miles from the AI school. What's just as scary is I think I have a DL in the same boat. Still hasn't committed. Same recruiting except playing time. He's only 27 miles from my school, maybe 5-600 from other school. Still no commitment.
2/21/2017 9:15 AM (edited)
it depends a lot on your schools prestige and a little on the players rank

are you talking about your bowling green team? mid-major school with no recent success, i deftinely wouldn't assume 15 cv are enough for say a top50 or so lineman that was condidering bcs simai

it will get easier in a couple seasons as you improve school prestige

also, distance from the simai school doesn't matter. they are spending from a budget of recruiting effort, not money
2/21/2017 9:41 AM
Curious - did the guy start with 3 Sims on him, or just the one?
2/21/2017 9:48 AM
Good points both. I knew about the unlimited budget for AI. But yes, the sim started with 3 schools. I only eliminated two. The OLineman is 88th ranked lineman which is pretty high. That's probably what stuck me and will stick me with a 51 ranked DLineman. Oh well, lesson learned. I've had situations before where I reach a little too far in second season and spend money I shouldn't or should have spent differently. I must think more highly of myself than the computer does lol. Thanks for the feedback.

I have been curious about the 1 AI vs. 3 AI. I've heard the argument that it's easier to go after 1 AI. I still don't know if that's true. In this case, the 3 AI were one too many. BTW the DLineman also started with 3 AI.
2/21/2017 11:03 AM (edited)
In your 2nd season at Bowling Green it would behoove you to send all 15 at once and probably an extra 5 knowing that some will get rejected. If just one sim is on the recruit it can be tougher. Do as explained above and then keep sending 5 cv's per cycle until you knock off the sim.
2/21/2017 11:06 AM
I've always had more trouble prying the 1 Sim off of a recruit than pushing all 3 off.
2/21/2017 11:06 AM
Definitely have to try to get them off on the first cycle. The faster you get them knocked off the more money you save. I've found that when you dont knock off that one SIM and you let them linger they suck you dry. You end up winning but it takes way more money.
2/21/2017 11:11 AM
It is possible they will still sign with you even when still considering the simai school, depends how far ahead you are.

2/21/2017 11:36 AM
Also send a phone call every cycle, supposedly you get credit for staying in contact with recruit so you want to put in some kind of effort each update.
2/21/2017 11:38 AM
Posted by ebel331 on 2/21/2017 11:38:00 AM (view original):
Also send a phone call every cycle, supposedly you get credit for staying in contact with recruit so you want to put in some kind of effort each update.
I am not sure this is true for GD. I know it used to be for HD.
2/21/2017 11:47 AM

It is possible they will still sign with you even when still considering the simai school, depends how far ahead you are.

Ebel: Do you have personal experience with this? My impression was opposite simply because they keep putting in effort each cycle, although I have never drawn out the process. I either knock them off or move on.

nitros

2/21/2017 11:52 AM
Posted by tribewriter on 2/21/2017 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ebel331 on 2/21/2017 11:38:00 AM (view original):
I am not sure this is true for GD. I know it used to be for HD.
yah i don't know but i think i remember from an old developer chat
2/21/2017 12:08 PM
Posted by nitros on 2/21/2017 11:52:00 AM (view original):

Ebel: Do you have personal experience with this? My impression was opposite simply because they keep putting in effort each cycle, although I have never drawn out the process. I either knock them off or move on.

nitros

yah i saw it last year in wilk. i don't think it's common and not recommending it. just saying don't give up on the guy until he's gone.

i think simai schools do actually have a budget of effort, they just don't spend it all at once
2/21/2017 12:10 PM
Posted by nitros on 2/21/2017 11:52:00 AM (view original):

nitros

I've done it, not by choice. Blow all my money and still battling with a sim into signings. My guess is that I was far enough ahead that he didn't have time to catch up but I was never far enough ahead to knock him off.
2/21/2017 1:09 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the responses.

nitros
2/21/2017 1:40 PM
12 Next ▸
Old question: CV's vs AI schools Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.