After 4 (real) years I should know this but....... Topic

One thing that is interesting to note is that **if** the safeties operate as described by Norbert and Oriolefan, why in the formation setup is the FS closer to the line and the strong safety deep in the 4-3 and 3-4, yet the more common setup with the FS deep and the SS shallow is utilized in the nickel and dime ? In other words, if you want a rangy safety in the prototypical FS mold to cover the deeper zone and a hybrid type in the SS to cover the shorter zone, you can't set that up to work every time without drawing from customized depth charts to override the regular settings. I think the regular settings will switch your safeties back and forth in terms of depths depending on which formation is used. CS never responded to an inquiry about this. Been waiting since 2015 for an answer after receiving a "we will respond to this shortly" initial response.
3/6/2017 3:46 PM

I believe setting it to short brings the CBS close to the line and almost immolates a “bump” type of coverage.

Indeed. If you play only Short coverage, you leave yourself susceptible to getting burned.
3/6/2017 4:08 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 3/6/2017 4:08:00 PM (view original):

I believe setting it to short brings the CBS close to the line and almost immolates a “bump” type of coverage.

Indeed. If you play only Short coverage, you leave yourself susceptible to getting burned.
Yea it works pretty well with the nickel though. The sim doesn't like the timing thrown off, however the long streak is deadly with an accurate qb throwing the ball.
3/6/2017 4:58 PM
◂ Prev 12345
After 4 (real) years I should know this but....... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.