I just submitted a ticket for this event but was wondering if anyone else had experienced something like this...

In the 4th Quarter of the last game at D3 Fitchburg State (Stagg), my team blocked a punt and recovered in the opponent's endzone. However, the play-by-play does not credit any specific player with the touchdown. Moreover, the game summary simply identifies the successful PAT conversion...with no mention whatsoever of the actual touchdown!
2/21/2017 10:06 PM
A true team player. Doesn't seek individual accolades!
2/22/2017 8:37 AM
It looks like the play by play mentions the TD, it just doesn't highlight it in green like other scoring plays or mention the Player as you indicated.
7:38 Own 3 4th & 8

Taylor punts from the FC 3. The punt is blocked and returned for a touchdown.

0 53
7:35

Tony Sanders makes the PAT. PAT (1-Point).

0 59
2/22/2017 9:02 AM
Correct. But what is really strange is seeing the game summary where the team is credited with 7 points even though the only description relates to the PAT!
2/22/2017 2:19 PM
I believe blocked-kick TDs are credited to the team, rather than an individual player. This might create some weird corner-case in the code for reporting scoring... that is, if there's no one player assigned the TD, the game summary doesn't show it quite right.
2/22/2017 3:03 PM
The expanded play-by-play use the language cited by "pwiest" above. However, the standard play-by-play never even mentions the word touchdown. It only says that a blocked punt was downed at the opponent's -1 yard line! Perhaps the absence of the bold TOUCHDOWN terminology that we are used to seeing is what causes (via coding) the scoring description to not be displayed in the game summary?
2/22/2017 3:14 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.