Go Cuse! Duke Sucks! Topic

Counterpoint: I don't like FREE. However, I wouldn't have paid $5 either.
2/22/2017 7:00 PM
How about adding another post-season tournament, not just at D3, but all divisions. There are several new post-season tournaments in RL now. These should't add to prestige, just gives more users a chance to keep playing and reduces 'dead-time.'
2/22/2017 7:14 PM
"Problem: Great D3 coaches don't move up to D1/D2 and crush noobs"

So often in these forums we see a "problem" that isn't a problem at all. Here, though, I have to agree that you have identified a problem. Giving modest incentives to move up is a good idea, but there's no reason, either, not to put some teeth into the process and institute some limitations to career duration at D3. For that matter, there's no reason the same or similar limits couldn't be instituted across the board. Forty or fifty seasons is plenty for a career -- retirement with Grand Legend Status or some such thing would help a bit with the job process top to bottom.

To be consistent, you're going to have to decide -- free or not. Advocating dropping free-for-a-new-team in bullet point one and advocating free-for-a-new-team two points later cannot be argued as consistent.

I think your post is good for the most part.
2/22/2017 7:19 PM
Nerding out a little:

I always thought it took someone 3 seasons to take the HBD hook. By then you've got a decent idea of what you're doing and the players you drafted are nearing BL-level if you had any idea what you were doing in the draft. I think it might take 2 in HD. You don't have any players that you recruited in S1. You'll probably suck. You'll get your 1st recruits but, unless you're really paying attention, your 1st recruit class won't be all that. But, by your 2nd season, you're figuring things out. You'll still be terrible, mostly crappy players assigned to you and your halfass 1st recruiting class won't help much, but you'll feel better about what you're doing. And your 2nd class will be better. If you've learned, you'll be looking forward to your third.

So maybe a free season, a $5 discount season and 3 for $20. By 5 complete, you're in.
2/22/2017 7:23 PM
Good post.

Cap D3 to D2 recruiting. It's a must.
2/22/2017 7:25 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/22/2017 7:19:00 PM (view original):
"Problem: Great D3 coaches don't move up to D1/D2 and crush noobs"

So often in these forums we see a "problem" that isn't a problem at all. Here, though, I have to agree that you have identified a problem. Giving modest incentives to move up is a good idea, but there's no reason, either, not to put some teeth into the process and institute some limitations to career duration at D3. For that matter, there's no reason the same or similar limits couldn't be instituted across the board. Forty or fifty seasons is plenty for a career -- retirement with Grand Legend Status or some such thing would help a bit with the job process top to bottom.

To be consistent, you're going to have to decide -- free or not. Advocating dropping free-for-a-new-team in bullet point one and advocating free-for-a-new-team two points later cannot be argued as consistent.

I think your post is good for the most part.
Alias. I run my 50 seasons as MikeT23 at D3. Around 45, MikeT24 signs up to build a resume'. Guess who applies for MikeT23's team?
2/22/2017 7:26 PM
Posted by zorzii on 2/22/2017 7:25:00 PM (view original):
Good post.

No many how many times you say in however many threads you repeat it, it doesn't make it a good idea.

Three questions(and answer them this time):
1. What does that do?
2. Tell me which three D1 players are on my roster.
3. Would you want ANY of those three on your D1 team?
2/22/2017 7:28 PM
The reason it's not free initially and it'd be free for a 2nd team is that I believe a free signup gets a lot of people to sign up... and then do nothing. They don't even log in to check their teams. Remember last Spring when the Allen population jumped up to close to 300 people? I had 8 new coaches sign up in my conference and didn't even recruit. Many others did the same. It was a mess.

If you pay for the 1st season you show you're at least interested in giving the game a chance. at the point, you've shown enough initiative that you deserve to then get a free season on a 2nd team so you can begin playing again right away and not sit through the looong dead time.

edit- I had a few new coaches join my conference in Iba a couple months ago during the FREEHD thing. I sitemailed all of them to offer help. None responded except one who said "I don't really have time for this game. It seems cool but I just signed up because it was free".
2/22/2017 7:37 PM (edited)
Mike, Cubcub, let's talk about the capping D3 in another thread. I'll start one tomorrow. Let's talk about the ideas here for a couple pages at least... let's say until page 3.
2/22/2017 7:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/22/2017 7:28:00 PM (view original):
Good post.

No many how many times you say in however many threads you repeat it, it doesn't make it a good idea.

1. What does that do?
1. It reduces location impact. It negates the top coaches on their journey to find weaknesses in the game. It prevents D3 to look like another D2. It helps other owners who have been faithful to their d3 team forever like Indy in D3 Naismith. It reduces the gap between new owners and elite coach hanging there because rewards and competition is weaker or impossible (location).

2. Mike : It's not the point, getting them on the last makes for a bad recruiting session and does not encourage battles between D3 teams.
2/22/2017 7:36 PM
Limiting D3 to D2 would be great.

Limits the gap between new coaches and long time coaches as long time D3 coaches are not getting D1 recruits anymore (even the bad ones)

D3 scouting is currently the most complicated having the lowest funds and largest recruit pool, you lower it by lmiting to D2 helping newer coaches as they now have the same budget but only socut D2/D3 without being behind.

Thats a recruit gen problem not a division capping problem. You can't just say no good D1 recruits to D3 or oh some recruits are bad so its okay. A good coach is only recruiting "elite for D3" D1 recruits which is what capping is about not capping people from bringing in bad players who are just rated poorly tdue to recruit gen being ignored.

And another incentive if people really don't like player with "lower rated players" another incentive to move up. a guard will be good relative to the other players in the division not the talent of D1/D2 if you think the game isn't fun without 80+ ath/def at D3 then don't play D3.

Can you name some negatives to capping it? You haven't actually listed any reasons for why capping why it is a bad idea?
2/22/2017 7:36 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/22/2017 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Mike, Cubcub, let's talk about the capping D3 in another thread. I'll start one tomorrow. Let's talk about the ideas here for a couple pages at least... let's say until page 3.
Well, it was zorzi and the only reason I responded for the 787th time this month is because cwaksvohasfohjas said in the sitestaff thread that they were monitoring the forums, not as much as they should, and taking note of the comments. So, if zorzi is going to say the same thing in every thread, it should be addressed with a counterpoint. I'm fine with you redlining mine or, if zorzi wants to delete, I'll do the same.
2/22/2017 7:38 PM
God damn you guys haha. Didn't even get to page 2.
2/22/2017 7:38 PM
Posted by zorzii on 2/22/2017 7:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/22/2017 7:28:00 PM (view original):
Good post.

1. What does that do?
1. It reduces location impact. It negates the top coaches on their journey to find weaknesses in the game. It prevents D3 to look like another D2. It helps other owners who have been faithful to their d3 team forever like Indy in D3 Naismith. It reduces the gap between new owners and elite coach hanging there because rewards and competition is weaker or impossible (location).

2. Mike : It's not the point, getting them on the last makes for a bad recruiting session and does not encourage battles between D3 teams.
1. People always game the game. People are gonna do what they're gonna do. You can't legislate that out.

2. Of course it's relevant. D3 is not D1 or D2. It shouldn't be. More options gives users the decision to play the game they like.
2/22/2017 7:40 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/22/2017 7:38:00 PM (view original):
God damn you guys haha. Didn't even get to page 2.
Hit the report button on all of us. Off topic. I'm cool with it. Or they can delete their posts. I'll delete mine.
2/22/2017 7:41 PM
123 Next ▸
Go Cuse! Duke Sucks! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.