Go Cuse! Duke Sucks! Topic

Posted by 0nly on 2/22/2017 7:36:00 PM (view original):
Limiting D3 to D2 would be great.

Limits the gap between new coaches and long time coaches as long time D3 coaches are not getting D1 recruits anymore (even the bad ones)

D3 scouting is currently the most complicated having the lowest funds and largest recruit pool, you lower it by lmiting to D2 helping newer coaches as they now have the same budget but only socut D2/D3 without being behind.

Thats a recruit gen problem not a division capping problem. You can't just say no good D1 recruits to D3 or oh some recruits are bad so its okay. A good coach is only recruiting "elite for D3" D1 recruits which is what capping is about not capping people from bringing in bad players who are just rated poorly tdue to recruit gen being ignored.

And another incentive if people really don't like player with "lower rated players" another incentive to move up. a guard will be good relative to the other players in the division not the talent of D1/D2 if you think the game isn't fun without 80+ ath/def at D3 then don't play D3.

Can you name some negatives to capping it? You haven't actually listed any reasons for why capping why it is a bad idea?
I haven't thought about it but hey I am Piman, alone with my D3 team stronger than most D2 teams in the same world, why would I move up... I get the picture.
2/22/2017 7:42 PM
Sorry Benis but you know capping would still give more recruiting options than in 2.0... not talking about it anymore.
2/22/2017 7:46 PM
D3 capped at D2. Terrible idea. Possibly worst ever.
2/22/2017 7:47 PM
Best idea to regain the fun at d3 like it was. I won't get back to Ohio Wesleyan since I can't compete... Anyways, You will see others asking for it once they see the game has now it's big six teams with the same advantages you saw in 2.0 d1.
2/22/2017 7:50 PM
Thought you weren't talking about it anymore.

I'll play whatever they do at D3. Unlike some, I don't apply my goals to everyone. I'm playing with a group of people I like to compete against in a full conference. If we're all playing the same game, I'm good. But I think change, almost immediately after a big change, is just a bad idea. In fact, most of the ideas that would affect gameplay are bad ideas RIGHT NOW. Constantly tinkering is terrible in a DYNASTY game.

The best comparison is work based. If you're told to do your job differently every six weeks, you're never going to be good at it. And the boss man will never know if you're doing a good job. You gotta let things play out for a bit then adjust IF necessary.
2/22/2017 7:56 PM
Cap is tiny. No ap stuff, no hvs or cvs change, it's a home run.
2/22/2017 8:01 PM
I disagree. Changes the recruit pool. That feels BIGLY to me.
2/22/2017 8:02 PM
Not really. You scout differently.
2/22/2017 8:05 PM
“Cap D3 to D2 recruiting. It's a must.”
It’s unnecessary, damaging to the game and a non-starter. “It reduces location impact. It negates the top coaches on their journey to find weaknesses in the game. It prevents D3 to look like another D2. It helps other owners who have been faithful to their d3 team forever like Indy in D3 Naismith. It reduces the gap between new owners and elite coach hanging there because rewards and competition is weaker or impossible (location).” Other than Indy in Naismith, to which I cannot speak, the rest of those excuses are smoke and mirrors. There are entire threads discrediting your proposal, zorzi. Get real.

“Alias. I run my 50 seasons as MikeT23 at D3. Around 45, MikeT24 signs up to build a resume'. Guess who applies for MikeT23's team?”
Just one more in a long list of reasons to prohibit multiple teams in a world.
2/22/2017 8:05 PM
Spud, aliases don't have to be obvious. I was simply making a point that term limits are easily overcome.

I could use CoachSpud2 as my alias.
2/22/2017 8:08 PM
You have no argument Spud. Capping makes for a better d3 game and experience.
2/22/2017 8:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/22/2017 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Recruiting D1 as a D3 school is probably my favorite part of 3.0
2/22/2017 8:10 PM
K guys, I made another thread to argue about capping D3. Head on over. I'll delete this thread and restart it.
2/22/2017 8:10 PM
Posted by zorzii on 2/22/2017 8:05:00 PM (view original):
Not really. You scout differently.
So you don't think capping D3 at D2 changes the recruit pool? Really?

I'm not trying to be rude, which means I'm being rude, but that's insane.

Right now, I'm looking at low level D1/D2 players that no self-respecting D1/D2 coach would consider. So, if I can no longer look at low level D1 players that no self-respecting D1 coach would consider, my recruit pool has not changed? W.O.W.
2/22/2017 8:12 PM
Posted by BergPride on 2/22/2017 8:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/22/2017 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Recruiting D1 as a D3 school is probably my favorite part of 3.0
I enjoy it as well. And I still sign D2/D3 players who fit my needs.
2/22/2017 8:13 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Go Cuse! Duke Sucks! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.