Cap D3 - Warning! Arguing ahead Topic

Yes, I quit 10 years ago because I couldn't hang. Don't quote only. Dude has had half a dozen names banned. He's a useless troublemaker.

Why have D2 or D3 at all? Just make all worlds D1 and work from there. Schools would still be available in every world.
3/14/2017 12:40 PM
So if you want to move up divisions you have to join a new world?
3/14/2017 12:42 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Yes, I quit 10 years ago because I couldn't hang. Don't quote only. Dude has had half a dozen names banned. He's a useless troublemaker.

Why have D2 or D3 at all? Just make all worlds D1 and work from there. Schools would still be available in every world.
"I suck at this game and my it my job to make sure anyone good at this game is punished because D1 is unfair because I couldn't figure it out"

Why not just not even have divisions and give everyone teams full of 99 everything players at let every go 35-0

Likewise Mike is nothing but an upset troll who sucks at the game and argues on every subject, he is a useless troublemaker
3/14/2017 12:44 PM
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 12:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 12:40:00 PM (view original):

"I suck at this game and my it my job to make sure anyone good at this game is punished because D1 is unfair because I couldn't figure it out"

Why not just not even have divisions and give everyone teams full of 99 everything players at let every go 35-0

Likewise Mike is nothing but an upset troll who sucks at the game and argues on every subject, he is a useless troublemaker
If you can figure out how that would be mathematically possible, that would be cool. Let us know when you figure that out.

And instead of credits or reward points, everybody gets a participation ribbon that says "Yay! You did it!".

Or . . . we could leave the D1/D2/D3 structure as it is, let players be recruitable at any level (with D1 > D2 > D3), and let the market and coaches talents sort everything out.

3/14/2017 12:50 PM
PARTICIPATION TROPHIES!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!

And, yes, only I want to bring you down to my level. Because HD is nuclear physics and I didn't take the courses in college. Somebody is a little too proud about being good at an internet game. Just a tad too proud.
3/14/2017 12:54 PM
HEY GUYS LOOK HOW GOOD I AM AT THIS GAME, VALIDATE MY INSECURITIES I NEED YOU TO BOW DOWN AND ACCEPT MY TALENT AT AN INTERNET GAME BECAUSE IF NOT IT HURTS MY FEELINGS, WAAAAAAAAAAAH HAND ME MORE EE'S I SHOULD GET THE TOP 5 PLAYERS EVERY SEASON WITH MY A+ PRESTIGE EVEY SEASON WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

-Pretty much how mike see's any post by anyone who doesn't agree with him

The last part makes no sense at least in this thread because you are advocating for guys like me to not be capped and I'm argueing for guys like you to not have to face absurd players and teams.

I also love the low effort repeated comment you repost of trying to insult someone for being proud of being good at a game.
3/14/2017 1:00 PM
I don't get how you think that capping D3 players will magically make the new coaches better. So, instead of beating them 99-45, you'll beat them 75-51. Talk about moral victories. You may narrow the gap, but experienced coaches will still destroy them. You said so yourself.

New coaches are going to have to come in and take their lumps for the first two seasons regardless of how much help they have with recruiting. How many seasons realistically do you think people will hang around getting beat down? I guess that's what it boils down to. I think it's 2 or 3 and no matter what is done, they are going to take their lumps. It's a function of having experienced coaches around, not the fact that they know the sneaky tricks of the trade. Experienced coaches will usually end up with the better recruits based on your assumptions that newbies are like baby fawns for the slaughter. Explain to me how this doesn't happen just because the cap is there. How many victories does this gain the new player over the course of the 2-3 seasons it'll take for them to get up to speed.
3/14/2017 1:15 PM
Users who sign players can enjoy themselves while losing. Maybe you just want your first recruit to set the school scoring record. Capping D3 at D3 would put an end to that possibility. So now the new user is getting beat with no reason to stick other than "I'll be good at this sometime in the next calendar year."
3/14/2017 1:19 PM
I'm not saying capping the game is going to magically make new coaches compete season 1, but the game shouldn;t have been made harder than it already was.

-less of a learning curve so new coaches don't struggle and take so long to figure out the game meaning they get competitive quicker
-yes I would say that the moral victory of being beat down by 20 compared to 50 might help, it's not a huge thing but people aren't going to want to stick around for the most part when they lose games by 50 and can't do anything about it.
-less talent to catch up to similar to the learning curve it takes less time to make a team competitive
-less likely for one or two teams to dominate over a period of time -> more parity

Since it's unrealistic to change the game to make it possible to start winning earlier with the way HD is set up partly because it would be a bigger update than 3.0 and WIS isn't capable of even doing it. This is a realistic change that would help new coaches to an extent.

What are the benefits of uncapping it? Strong coaches get to rercuit really good players? Why is the extra happiness of strong D3 coaches being able to recruit elite talent more important than trying to make the game more new user friendly?

Maybe I missed it, but is there a reason to leave divisions uncapped other than new users are going to be their butt handed to them regardless so might as well make it more fun than needed for those who are kicking everyone around?
3/14/2017 1:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Users who sign players can enjoy themselves while losing. Maybe you just want your first recruit to set the school scoring record. Capping D3 at D3 would put an end to that possibility. So now the new user is getting beat with no reason to stick other than "I'll be good at this sometime in the next calendar year."
Capping D3 has no effect on signing players while you.

A 70 ath 90 spd 90 per guys can set a school record in points when facing other 70 ath 90 spd 70 def players

A 30 ath 60 spd 80 per guy can still set a school record in points when facing other 30 ath 60 spd 30 def guys.

Capping D3 doesn't make it impossible to set records and setting a record for a school is a last priority of how HD should work
3/14/2017 1:30 PM
Only, I can understand your points. Again, I am all for a cap at D3. My point was I wasn't sure that restricting players was suddenly going to make new players much more competitive. But I can respect where you're coming from. I will say that if you cap players under the system that many have proposed, D3 only D3, D2/D2, etc, that you shouldn't be able to recruit down either. If there is an awesome D3 recruit generated, a D2 shouldn't be able to swoop down and snag him. Just stay in your lane, plain and simple. If I had a choice, I'd prefer more of a compromise like one Mike had suggested on a cap, but again, I think something should be done. Do I think they ultimately will cap it, I'm highly skeptical. We'll see I guess.
3/14/2017 7:00 PM
Capping D3 at D3 means the D3 user with 115 seasons will cross paths for players with new users for recruits. Who wins that battle?
3/14/2017 7:11 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 7:11:00 PM (view original):
Capping D3 at D3 means the D3 user with 115 seasons will cross paths for players with new users for recruits. Who wins that battle?
It'd probably be the experienced user but they could still win. I never really liked competing against noobs because they were totally unpredictable. They wouldn't back off when the odds were against them. They'd go all in on 1 player while sacrificing another. No clue what they would do.
3/14/2017 7:21 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/14/2017 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 7:11:00 PM (view original):
It'd probably be the experienced user but they could still win. I never really liked competing against noobs because they were totally unpredictable. They wouldn't back off when the odds were against them. They'd go all in on 1 player while sacrificing another. No clue what they would do.
Wouldn't doing something like that potentially make them worse? As I understand it, those arguing for a cap are attempting to protect n00bs from themselves. As we've argued, I think people who are prone to do dumb **** are going to do dumb **** regardless of the situation. You seem to be confirming my claim.
3/14/2017 7:29 PM
Posted by 0nly on 3/14/2017 1:28:00 PM (view original):
I'm not saying capping the game is going to magically make new coaches compete season 1, but the game shouldn;t have been made harder than it already was.

-less of a learning curve so new coaches don't struggle and take so long to figure out the game meaning they get competitive quicker
-yes I would say that the moral victory of being beat down by 20 compared to 50 might help, it's not a huge thing but people aren't going to want to stick around for the most part when they lose games by 50 and can't do anything about it.
-less talent to catch up to similar to the learning curve it takes less time to make a team competitive
-less likely for one or two teams to dominate over a period of time -> more parity

Since it's unrealistic to change the game to make it possible to start winning earlier with the way HD is set up partly because it would be a bigger update than 3.0 and WIS isn't capable of even doing it. This is a realistic change that would help new coaches to an extent.

What are the benefits of uncapping it? Strong coaches get to rercuit really good players? Why is the extra happiness of strong D3 coaches being able to recruit elite talent more important than trying to make the game more new user friendly?

Maybe I missed it, but is there a reason to leave divisions uncapped other than new users are going to be their butt handed to them regardless so might as well make it more fun than needed for those who are kicking everyone around?
The game is definitely tougher.

1) You can't recruit first season.
2) Good coaches sit on empty location and have full D1 rosters lacking a bit of ath but having enough to destroy anybody who tries to compete.
3) With the shortage of scouting money and all the worthless talent you discover, it will take a long time before figuring out where to invest. It's not intuitive.
4) It takes more study than it did before and more patience to learn the tricks to build a competitive roster.
3/14/2017 7:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Cap D3 - Warning! Arguing ahead Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.