Cap D3 - Warning! Arguing ahead Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 7:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/14/2017 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/14/2017 7:11:00 PM (view original):
Capping D3 at D3 means the D3 user with 115 seasons will cross paths for players with new users for recruits. Who wins that battle?
It'd probably be the experienced user but they could still win. I never really liked competing against noobs because they were totally unpredictable. They wouldn't back off when the odds were against them. They'd go all in on 1 player while sacrificing another. No clue what they would do.
Wouldn't doing something like that potentially make them worse? As I understand it, those arguing for a cap are attempting to protect n00bs from themselves. As we've argued, I think people who are prone to do dumb **** are going to do dumb **** regardless of the situation. You seem to be confirming my claim.
Or you can look at it that they're taking gambles that someone else might not want to take. I got a lot riding on my class and want to continue having a good team, it's not worth battling with a noob or a recruit so I move on. That's a possibility and I've done it in 2.0 before. Maybe I didn't need to but I was being risk averse.
3/14/2017 7:35 PM
That's a fair viewpoint but, again, they're doing dumb ****. That's a behavior that can't be controlled.

I'd rather wander around and find a guy you're not willing to fight for than fight you for him. I'll know how many AP you can use but, due to experience, you'll know if I have preferences on my side(I'd try to find out but I don't really know the percentages needed for paint/perimeter, strong defense, etc, etc) and how many HV I could offer. IOW, I'd avoid you because I simply think you have advantages.

So, you've got a guy who'd avoid you and a guy who doesn't know he should(so maybe you bail). There's just not a good scenario for seasoned vet vs n00b in recruiting.
3/14/2017 7:42 PM
Okay so let's increase the quantity of players generated. So you have a big pool. Since they can't figure out how make a lot of them complete garbage, I guess we can have more. Give a little more scouting money too.

Then there will still be good players for vets to fight for (assuming the newbie doesn't want to) but still plenty of other players they can fill their rosters with. They still get 'the hook' of getting their guys like you're talking about.
3/14/2017 7:46 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/14/2017 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Okay so let's increase the quantity of players generated. So you have a big pool. Since they can't figure out how make a lot of them complete garbage, I guess we can have more. Give a little more scouting money too.

Then there will still be good players for vets to fight for (assuming the newbie doesn't want to) but still plenty of other players they can fill their rosters with. They still get 'the hook' of getting their guys like you're talking about.
Three divisions to choose from, aren't they already swimming in decisions?
3/14/2017 7:48 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/14/2017 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/14/2017 7:46:00 PM (view original):

Three divisions to choose from, aren't they already swimming in decisions?
Talking about IF there were a cap.
3/14/2017 7:49 PM
I'm not really against a cap per se. I'm against the reasoning behind it.

I don't really like the idea of turning D3 into a little D1, battles for the top 150 D3 players, and I'm not sure that would actually help n00bs in any way. D3 is more of a seek and hide type recruit thing. You find a guy, you use your resources, you hope he stays hidden until he can sign. I don't know yet but I'm sure there is some battling in D2 but I'm hoping is a little "seek and hide" and battling mixed together. D1 should be a battle ground. It's really three different games in my mind. I like that idea.

I certainly don't believe capping makes the game easier for n00bs. And that's the main reason I've argued against it. The secondary reason is the subtle difference between the levels. Kinda like a donkey, mule and horse.
3/14/2017 7:53 PM
I think capping to D3 and increasing recruit generation would make a fun game and would help D3 owners play to the fullest of the recruiting system. right now : wait last day and hope. With that idea, early, late... would mean something. And you would finally see battles. I would definetly go back to d3. Great idea Benis. 10-20% more.
3/14/2017 7:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8
Cap D3 - Warning! Arguing ahead Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.