Cap D3 - Warning! Arguing ahead Topic

I wonder if Mike has more posts then everyone on here combined..
2/22/2017 9:32 PM
PBAU has a higher ovr rating than every team in D2.

not that ovr rating means that much but still
2/22/2017 9:39 PM
what world?

2/22/2017 9:39 PM
And would be 3rd highest in ACC
2/22/2017 9:41 PM
Phelan
2/22/2017 9:41 PM
And that's with 3 SR 4 JR 3 So and 2 FR
2/22/2017 9:42 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 2/22/2017 9:32:00 PM (view original):
I wonder if Mike has more posts then everyone on here combined..
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/ForumUsers.aspx

But, to be fair, there's an "Ask MikeT23" thread in HBD that is the longest thread around. Around half are mine.

That said, I can pile up a bunch of posts quickly. However, I'm pretty brief. Over three lines and I consider myself long-winded.
2/22/2017 9:43 PM
Irrevicable's team is very good but it isn't like better than the best team ever good. Maybe I am too critical but that team isn't unbeatable. He's a good coach, in a good spot.

And yes, I know he beat my D2 team this season.....
:)
2/22/2017 9:49 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/22/2017 9:49:00 PM (view original):
Irrevicable's team is very good but it isn't like better than the best team ever good. Maybe I am too critical but that team isn't unbeatable. He's a good coach, in a good spot.

I don't understand! If he beat you and your too critical of his team. Maybe just maybe his team is better than you this season?
2/22/2017 9:54 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/22/2017 9:39:00 PM (view original):
PBAU has a higher ovr rating than every team in D2.

not that ovr rating means that much but still
Most definitely this. My DIII Cornell team would be 19th in DII in Iba.
I think a D3 team losing to the #4 D2 by 4 points and beating the #24 D2 team shows an incredible imbalance issue.

just because we had really good teams in 2.0 doesnt necessarily mean its good for the game. There could have been changes made to decrease the gap. Some people see the imbalance as an issue and some dont.
Posted by Benis on 2/22/2017 9:54:00 PM (view original):
I think a D3 team losing to the #4 D2 by 4 points and beating the #24 D2 team shows an incredible imbalance issue.

just because we had really good teams in 2.0 doesnt necessarily mean its good for the game. There could have been changes made to decrease the gap. Some people see the imbalance as an issue and some dont.
In reality, East Carolina, and UNC Wilmington is never gonna win a national championship. East Carolina is in the highest out of five mid major conference their is Unc Wilmington is in really strong basketball conference really comparable to the a10 who sends teams to the tourney on a normal basis. But Unc Wilmington is low major and is not EXPECTED to ever win a national championship.
This is why you see coaches who want to win a national championship move up to the big 5. There is no issues from coaches of the imbalance of power in the power 5. Hell they are even talking about making a whole new championship for out of 5 schools which would make sense. I see no problem in the imbalance of power of a school lets say Duke for instance over Ecu for instance.
Duke has been once called the Gold standard of college basketball that every power house wants to be. I will say that is still the case and I am a UNC fan. East Carolina has one championship in its entire division 1 stint and it takes 7 years to be the winningest head coach at ECU. But to boil it down to the point I am saying these school have no comparable stats when it compares to college basketball.
2/22/2017 10:03 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 2/22/2017 9:54:00 PM (view original):

I don't understand! If he beat you and your too critical of his team. Maybe just maybe his team is better than you this season?
It might be but that isn't the point. I thought the point was that D3 teams are now better than they were a year a go. I don't think they are.
2/22/2017 10:14 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/22/2017 10:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 2/22/2017 9:54:00 PM (view original):

It might be but that isn't the point. I thought the point was that D3 teams are now better than they were a year a go. I don't think they are.
I think they are better due to the 3.0 system.
2/22/2017 10:15 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/22/2017 9:54:00 PM (view original):

My team isn't the #24 team in D2.....I mean it was, but I don't think I end up there. I also didn't game plan at all and had one guy set with like 90% of the distro.

I see your second point, I don't think it's a big deal and I don't think it's significantly worse than it was.
2/22/2017 10:18 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
Cap D3 - Warning! Arguing ahead Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.