Cap D3 - Warning! Arguing ahead Topic

The DII guy I'm mentoring has a (soon-to-be) STACKED team with 10 trillion (ok maybe 11) underclassmen at the start of the season AND ALREADY HAS 64 average DE. Here is an Imgur with potentials (there is no advantage):

https://imgur.com/a/AYrq8

Average defense for the maxed out players is 81 with solid to good cores. Just a reminder this is DII not DI. I know this thread is about DIII but I feel it is a little too easy to sign studs in DII.
2/22/2017 10:25 PM
I might be reading the image wrong but it looks like to me that team only has one PG and will have a huge REB issue (against top 25 teams). It will also have some questionable interior defense with those low block scores. The biggest issue I see is the lack of power forward.

Good team, has holes.
2/22/2017 10:34 PM
They run FB/Press. Thompson will start at PF for three years. 60+ potential in RB. Colligan and Hodge are great rebounders. This year they will struggle but with the addition of one more big in this next writing class they will be stacked when the freshmen are Juniors and Seniors.
2/22/2017 11:04 PM
Colligan is a good rebounder (70 ATH 95 REB). HOdge is average (55 ATH 90 REB), Thompson will be in between as well (80 ATH 60 REB).

The team is good, not great which is my point. Teams aren't significantly better than they were!
2/22/2017 11:24 PM
Players are better earlier on which means teams are deeper and more talented. Like this guy

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3587475

His ratings as a FR are as good as a SR on your Brooklyn team

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=7502&pid=3447605
2/23/2017 7:02 AM
I think it's an issue, an important one. Capping to D2 would still produce better D3 teams than in 2.0. Some D3 teams are really unfair to new owners and goid coaches stuck in a competitive location by choice. I remember JsaJsa and Jdno, the top two D3 coaches, they won Nt with near 600 ov teams or a bit higher. JsaJsa would get to 60, 60 ath,def. Now, we get top teams over 650, better ath, def , the tops close in at 700. It's not D3. Only had a solid point, a guy wanting better players won't really need to move up as it was needed in 2.0
2/23/2017 7:27 AM
I like D3 as is. I don't care what a team in Florida or Colorado is doing. I like looking for that low level D1/D2 that really isn't D1/D2 quality. I don't mind waiting it out while hoping some D1/D2 user doesn't find them and, for a reason I won't understand, recruit them. Gives me a reason to check each cycle. If they show up, I start looking elsewhere(depending when and how much effort I've put into recruit). I still scout some D3 as fall back options. I've signed 9 players. 4 are D3(2 JUCO). There just isn't a valid reason to reduce the D3 pool. I think that would make D3 HARDER for new owners. Crossing paths with an experienced owner ensures they don't get the recruit. And, in all likelihood, will get walk-ons.
2/23/2017 7:42 AM
" There just isn't a valid reason to reduce the D3 pool. I think that would make D3 HARDER for new owners. Crossing paths with an experienced owner ensures they don't get the recruit. And, in all likelihood, will get walk-ons."

That!
2/23/2017 11:51 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/23/2017 11:51:00 AM (view original):
" There just isn't a valid reason to reduce the D3 pool. I think that would make D3 HARDER for new owners. Crossing paths with an experienced owner ensures they don't get the recruit. And, in all likelihood, will get walk-ons."

That!
Nah. You do not understand the game. Go play in a crowded place and try to rise on top.
2/23/2017 12:54 PM
zorzii, I think you have posted over 200 times about capping D3 schools to recruiting D2 recruits, and you still haven't made a good argument for it. Do you think a pattern is forming yet?
2/23/2017 2:02 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/23/2017 7:02:00 AM (view original):
Players are better earlier on which means teams are deeper and more talented. Like this guy

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3587475

His ratings as a FR are as good as a SR on your Brooklyn team

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=7502&pid=3447605
Holy ... That's a freshman in D3? The #38 overall PG?

2/23/2017 2:07 PM
I gave you solid arguments, Benis did, Only did. You just won't analyze them. It's like I am talking to a deaf Spud.
2/23/2017 2:07 PM
And I just gave you a better one. Reducing the recruit pool at D3 will increase the likelihood of the experienced owner parked in D3 crossing paths with a n00b on the recruit trail. Who wins that battle?
2/23/2017 2:09 PM
Nothing wrong with D3 or D2 recruiting D1 PROJECTED players. They cannot sign until the second Recruiting period anyway. When there are more D1 coaches there will be less D1 PROJECTED recruits going to D3 and D2 schools. Few D1 PROJECTED recruits choose a D3 over D1 anyway, I have not seen any, but think they may be a freak case out there. Coaches should recruit in Early period if they want the best players. In the old game too many coaches dipped below their division in recruiting. In any event D1 coaches have huge advantages in recruiting, they should take advantage of them.
3/3/2017 5:42 PM
Posted by dadbod on 2/22/2017 8:24:00 PM (view original):
Can someone please post a monster D3 team filled with D1 players that creates this incredible in balance?

Is it that much worse than the old way? I am not seeing it....
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=3726

Elmhurst is higher rated than all but one DII School and about 65% (estimating) DI schools in that world.
3/5/2017 2:51 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
Cap D3 - Warning! Arguing ahead Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.