Odd outcome, seeking clarification Topic

Hey dynasties. My D2 team is having a dream season and developing in all the right ways as the post season approaches. I have had little trouble against any opponent accept for 2 random outcomes. My most recent game listed here: Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Game Boxscore - Assumption vs. S. Connecticut St. Turned out way different than I would think. We both played uptemp with my team having a way better ATH, SPD, and STA you would think that my team would have some solid advantages. You will also see that he is positioned at a -5 first half and a -4 second half, but my team finished with more personal fouls? I would thinn his fouling with that type of positioning against a high ATH, SPD, STA team would be enough to lose it for him. I won the battle in every tean stat accept for defensive rebounds. Any clarification would be helpful so i can avoid a loss like this. Thanks guys.
2/23/2017 3:18 AM
Couple things I noticed:

1. He played a 3-2 ZONE which reduces fouls and fatigue which helped minimize your ATH/SPD/STA advantages.
2. His SG (who is offensively very good) had a field day on your SG who is defensively below average.
3. Four of your fouls were intentional, remove those and it's pretty close.
4. About a third of your fouls were by your freshman.

Hoper that helps.
2/23/2017 6:01 AM
And to be honest, I think he has two solid scorers, so you stick your best D on one, go +2 or -2, double the other one and go normal or slowdown. I normally double up the shooter.

Second, he exploited a flaw : three point shooting ... you seem bad from outside so he went -5.
2/23/2017 7:34 AM
Yeah the -5 worked because of the 3-2 zone. Not worried about it next game. We aren't great at 3point shooting, you're right. Our Speed ad Athleticism should help out in most cases.
2/23/2017 9:21 AM
Odd outcome, seeking clarification Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.