How differently do you treat C vs. PF? Topic

Answer is the question, Brohemes.
2/23/2017 9:16 AM
Examples of guys you would use at PF but not at C would be mighty fine examples.
2/23/2017 9:18 AM
Love this question. Will respond when it in traffic.
2/23/2017 10:41 AM
For me, at DI at least, my PF and C are usually pretty similar. C probably has slightly better REB, PF I usually want a little more SPD than my C. I don't care if my C is in the 30's (upper 20's sometimes even) SPD at DI as long as his ATH is high. I would need my PF to be 45+, preferably over 50 in SPD.

Would also prefer my PF/C to have better BH/P skills but that's not a huge factor for me at least. So, basically overall I want the same type of player just some more SPD out of my PF (because your in general your opponent will have a faster guy at PF than C)

Edit: sorry, should have posted I run M2M Defense with all my teams
2/23/2017 10:59 AM (edited)
When playing press/3-2 base defense, they are almost interchangeable for me, and I'll move them around to exploit a defender matchup pretty freely. I'll usually default to better rebounding and block going to C, better speed and bh/p skills at PF. When playing 2-3 base, I am more cautious about moving them around, I generally want my highest low block defense in the PF position, and definitely want the top rebounder and shot blocker in the C position.

With my straight press team, I usually emphasize the speed tree, followed by rebounding inversely. Slowest, best rebounder at C. I keep all my ath/def on that team pretty high.

2/23/2017 10:55 AM
Pretty different. In a man to man, centers for me need to be able to block shots. PFs need to be fast and able to guard guys who can score on the perimeter.
2/23/2017 11:03 AM
Depends which offense/defense I'm running. In a flex, quite a bit differently. I treat my PF more like a SF in that I'm looking at more rounded skills and i greatly value perimeter in my PF.
In a fastbreak offense... Not a whole lot differently. Maybe just a bit more speed if possible.
2/23/2017 11:10 AM
This answer is for D2/D3 and competitive but not NC quality D1. It also applies to man, 3-2, triangle,flex and motion teams. High D1, press, fb and 2-3 are different, IMO.

I need my two post players to be able to rebound and play defense. It's a must for me because I usually ignore rebounding for my guards and SF. I need my posts to be dominant rebounders (80+ rebound with division appropriate ATH). I like them to both be able to play defense as well.

Generally speaking, I want the slower, better rebounder with lower BH/PASS to be the 5 but if they have similar scores there I like to play the higher speed/perimeter guy at the 5 to take advantage of the slower C's who will cover him.

2/23/2017 11:42 AM

These two guys are my post players on a NC quality D2 team.

Normally, I play Aman vs the better offensive post player but against a slow center playing man (or press), I will put Brady at the 5 to use his speed and perimeter.
2/23/2017 11:49 AM
How differently do you treat C vs. PF? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.