Using AP Correctly Topic

Does it usually take maxing out the AP on a recruit that you think would be somewhat of a reach for you? Or do you react and adjust once you see who is involved when the processing starts? Example: Say you can put a full 80 AP on a top 10 recruit from the start. In most cases, is this needed or can you spread the points out more? I am sure it varies and it depends how big of a battle you are in. I guess the question is more so for the start of recruiting before the points process.
2/24/2017 10:00 AM
Let me follow that up by asking do you prefer to unlock the actions on multiple recruits, therefore spreading out the AP more, or do you prefer to go all in at the start so you get credit for the AP?
2/24/2017 10:14 AM
APs are a real wildcard. There are lots of strategic ways to play them, there is not one "right way".

Prioritization is important, both in terms of how valuable the recruit is, and when the recruit wants to sign. If you're going after a 4-5 star recruit who wants to play, and wants to sign early, that's where you better go big right out of the gate. You know he'll get attention from top teams, and he'll get it early. The only "considering credit" you get in 3.0 is for the promise of minutes for players who have the "wants to play" preference, so you want to unlock promises as soon as possible.

Beyond that, whether or not you max on APs for a player is basically a function of how willing you are to take walk-ons. If you value team depth, and filling scholarships, you will want to spread your APs around a bit, unlock recruiting actions on more players than you will end up signing. If you're ok going boom or bust, feel free to max APs, and roll with the big boys. Just make sure the player is worth the gamble.
2/24/2017 11:59 AM
Using AP Correctly Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.