Defensive change Topic

Anyone have advice on things to do as I change from Man/Man to 1/2 court press and man? I usually put 25 minutes into both offense and defense. I have 5 incoming freshmen and only one senior this coming season.
2/24/2017 10:28 PM
Posted by mike1004 on 2/24/2017 10:28:00 PM (view original):
Anyone have advice on things to do as I change from Man/Man to 1/2 court press and man? I usually put 25 minutes into both offense and defense. I have 5 incoming freshmen and only one senior this coming season.
Not sure I understand the question.
2/24/2017 10:32 PM
Running combo defenses is tough because you are forced to put so many practice minutes into O/D that your players tend to lose development. In your scenario, I believe most coaches would put 15 minutes into offense and 15 into each press and man. The coaches I've seen be successful with combo defense were very good at recruiting jucos that either ran one or both of the defenses their teams did.
2/24/2017 10:44 PM
Not everyone who runs combo defenses invests as much in the half-court press as they do in the offense and set defense. With 10 minutes, your guys will get to B- somewhere around the start of conference play their sophomore year, a little sooner if they know it coming out of high school. They'll play most of junior year at B, and senior year at B+\A-.
2/24/2017 11:36 PM
I used a run a zone/press and used 15/10 practice minutes. Most players would reach A-, sometimes A in zone unless they already had zone knowledge. Press would typically get to the B range.
2/25/2017 1:21 PM
Defensive change Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.