I am thinking about picking up a team for Hoops Dynasty and was wondering where I could get info to learn about it and is it really worth it. Thanks.
2/25/2017 1:01 PM
Yes it is worth it! 3.0 works for the majority of users and there is a few of the naysayers left. Come join us and grab a mentor enjoy!
2/25/2017 1:08 PM
It's my favorite game WIS has. It's not a perfect game, but I've derived a lot of fun from it. You can have your first season for $4.95, I think. Try it out. There are a bunch of great coaches who are more than happy to help new people learn.

As for info: https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/
2/25/2017 1:43 PM (edited)
HD is great, I think you'll really enjoy it.

I'd recommend posting on here what world and what teams you're looking at picking up and we can provide a recommendation. Getting a good starting spot will make the transition a lot easier and you won't have as many growing pains (hopefully). The learning curve can be really steep so read the guides on here and on the WIS FAQs. And post questions on here.

Good luck.
2/25/2017 2:24 PM
Happy to help. Hope you sign up!
2/25/2017 4:13 PM
Posted by bama2448 on 2/25/2017 1:01:00 PM (view original):
I am thinking about picking up a team for Hoops Dynasty and was wondering where I could get info to learn about it and is it really worth it. Thanks.
Definitely. Lots of people in the forum help answer questions, plus there are several mentors who will give you more detailed guidance.
2/25/2017 6:41 PM
Well I signed up in Naismith and picked Washington (MO). Time to read some stuff to set up the team.
2/25/2017 10:25 PM
Posted by bama2448 on 2/25/2017 10:25:00 PM (view original):
Well I signed up in Naismith and picked Washington (MO). Time to read some stuff to set up the team.
Welcome to the Naismith world -- it can be a game that reaches out and grabs you. I've been in Naismith at D3 and D2 for 50+ seasons now, have been through 3 iterations of the game and still having a good time (...usually :) ) and enjoy interacting with folks. Don't be afraid to ask questions, post, and be part of the community here!

The addiction group meets on Friday nights.
2/26/2017 12:27 AM
Posted by rednu on 2/26/2017 12:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bama2448 on 2/25/2017 10:25:00 PM (view original):
Welcome to the Naismith world -- it can be a game that reaches out and grabs you. I've been in Naismith at D3 and D2 for 50+ seasons now, have been through 3 iterations of the game and still having a good time (...usually :) ) and enjoy interacting with folks. Don't be afraid to ask questions, post, and be part of the community here!

The addiction group meets on Friday nights.
New guy brings the baked goods. I prefer banana cupcakes.

Welcome to HD!
2/26/2017 1:14 AM
First season is in books and I'm on the fence about renewing. Recruiting- I don't like that you have to spend points to unlock campus and home visits. I should be able to offer anytime and more than once. For games I wish they simulated a half and then let me make adjustments for the second half. If I do decide to renew I would have to read up on gameplans and player gameplans as they both still confuse me.
3/27/2017 8:05 AM
Posted by bama2448 on 3/27/2017 8:05:00 AM (view original):
First season is in books and I'm on the fence about renewing. Recruiting- I don't like that you have to spend points to unlock campus and home visits. I should be able to offer anytime and more than once. For games I wish they simulated a half and then let me make adjustments for the second half. If I do decide to renew I would have to read up on gameplans and player gameplans as they both still confuse me.
Move to DII.
3/27/2017 8:21 AM
Moving to D2 does not solve any of the issues he has. He has issues with the game not the division.
3/27/2017 9:36 AM
Bama - go to the mentor thread and then site mail someone who will help you with game planning and stuff.
3/27/2017 10:09 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.