Pickoffs are almost certainly related to basestealing setting. What I'm wondering is, even if they're not trying to steal, do they get picked off more often with an aggressive baserunning setting? Because they're trying to get a longer lead so they can go first-to-third on a single?

Just wondering why Mike had 8 pickoffs in one season of "never," and I had no more than 2 in two seasons. Could be random.
3/12/2017 10:39 AM
IIRC, and it was a LONG time ago, my 8 were pitchers and slow, poor baserunning position players. I didn't check but I'm sure the pitchers had poor BR also. That doesn't answer your question but I believe pickoffs are tied to the BR of the players.
3/12/2017 10:50 AM
Another small game update I would like. Maybe at game 143, maybe when the wildcard standings are posted, I'd like to see the playoff brackets for the ML posted 'If the season ended today'.

Math is hard and I'm still trying to figure out if its better to end up first in the NL or second based off of the seeding. Also, is it baseball or just the sim that doesn't do the crossover playoff seeding? As someone who's primary interest is hockey, it boggles my mind that in HBD, you can win the top seed in the conference and then have a

1 vs 3
2 vs 5

matchup in the second round.
3/12/2017 12:25 PM
◂ Prev 12345

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.