I already know how TD feels about this. And all of his establishment friends. lol.

As I get some stuff ready for episode 5 of the "Coffee and Chronic Hour"...

I think the stats don't lie.
-------------------------------------
Team, Record vs non elite humans, Record vs other Elites.

Leahy

FSU 3-1, 1-2
Miami 7-0. 1-1
Nebraska 6-0, 0-4
Oklahoma 3-0, 2-0
Texas 5-0, 1-1
Rutgers 2-3, 0-1, one of the losses to non elite was out of con. Lost to Kansas.
Michigan 7-0, 3-1
Notre Dame 3-0, 3-1
Penn St. 4-0, 1-2
Ohio St. 4-2, 1-2, one of the losses to non elites was out of con. Lost to UConn
USC 6-0, 1-1
Tennessee 3-0, 3-1
Florida 2-0, 3-3
LSU 4-0, 2-0
Alabama 5-0, 0-2.

All Elites are 64-6 against non elite human coaches. 22-22 against Elites (duh).
All Elites have a combines 28 losses.
Only two times has a non elite scheduled an Elite and won.

--------------------------------------------
Warner (just got done with non con schedule.

FSU 0-0, 0-1
Miami 1-0, 0-0
Nebraska 0-1, 0-0, lost to Ole Miss in non con.
Texas 1-0, 1-1
Oklahoma 1-0, 1-1
Rutgers 3-1, 0-0 lost to Michigan St. in non con.
Michigan 3-0, 0-0
Ohio St. 1-0, 1-0
Penn St. 3-0, 1-1
Notre Dame 0-0, 0-1
USC 1-1, 1-1, lost to Kansas State in non con.
Tennessee 4-0, 1-0
Florida 2-1, 1-0, lost to Arizona in non con.
LSU 0-0, 0-0
Alabama 1-0, 0-1

All elite are 21-4 against non elites in non con games. Losing one in six.
------------------------------
Wilkinson

FSU 6-0
Miami 5-0
Nebraska 6-0
Texas 4-0
Oklahoma 4-0
Michigan 3-0
Ohio St 1-0
Penn St. 5-0
Notre Dame 4-0
USC 8-1
LSU 4-0
Alabama 3-1
Florida 5-1
Tennessee 2-1
Rutgers 4-2

64-6 vs non elite humans. One of which was scheduled out of con.
--------------------------------------
Bryant (regular season stats)

FSU 4-2, 1-1 lost to Tex Tch in non con.
Miami 5-0, 0-0
Nebraska 3-1, 2-0 also lost to Tex Tch. in con though.
Texas 2-1, 1-2 also lost to Tex Tch. in con though.
Oklahoma 5-2, 1-2, also lost to Tex Tch. in con though. Also lost to Washington in non con.
Rutgers 4-2, 0-0, also lost to Tex Tch. in non Con.
Michigan 3-0, 2-0
Ohio St. 2-0, 2-1
Penn St. 3-1, 2-3, Lost to Washington in non Con.
Notre Dame 2-2, 0-4
USC 6-0, 1-1
Florida 6-0, 3-0
Tennessee 2-2, 0-2, Lost to Syracuse out of con.
Alabama 1-1, 3-2 Lost to Missiouri out of con
LSU 3-1, 2-2

51-15 all Elites vs non Elites. 5 of those losses came to Texas Tech. Good job Texas Tech.
Six of the 15 where scheduled out of con. Two of those were Texas Tech. Good job Texas Tech.
-----------------------------------------
So with these four worlds, 200 - 31 is the record of Elites vs non Elite human coaches.

13 of those 31 were scheduled out of conference. 5 of those were in Bryant.

We get an avg of 3 per season per world.

Non elites are winning 13% of games against Elite teams.

Ill beat this dead horse some more tomorrow. lol.
2/27/2017 4:11 AM
and i was gonna do some more worlds but some are in recruiting right now.

The others I will add when I have more time.
2/27/2017 4:14 AM
Rutgers? What are you smoking?
2/27/2017 6:08 AM
Rutgers, lol, stupid stoner.
2/27/2017 7:27 AM
Your beating a dead horse lol. My argument wasn't elites aren't dominate and aren't the best teams in most worlds. You said don't schedule elites. I'm saying schedule elites if you have a chance of beating them.

Us "establishment" (which must just mean we have been around longer and know more) don't cry about elites because it's always been this way and it's not going to change. It's like complaining about taxes. It's the law and complaining about it does absolutely no good. Learn the system and learn how pay the least amount you have to. Stop complaining about something you can't change.

You make things way too simple and black and white. You said stop giving elites free wins if you know you can't beat them.... how does anyone known if you can beat someone or not. Last season we watched Cal win the NC and blow everyone out of the water with a 23rd ranked roster... oh by the way he had to beat elites to do that had top 5 rosters. If you never want to lose a game then don't schedule games against coaches who are better then you and schedule all SIMs. If you are a good coach and have put together a good team and you think you can beat them schedule them. No one is saying schedule people you know you are going to lose to (you can in rebuild of it helps your SOS and can get you into a bowl game and you get more bowl money and prestige).

This whole topic just feels like coaches giving excuses for why they aren't having more sucess. Once you start giving excuses you are telling yourself it's out of your control and instantly stop yourself from getting better. Instead of taking the time to analyse gameplans and try new recruiting strategy you will continue to do the same strategies and lose then say "nothing I can do about it. Damn elites have all the advantages. It's not fair!". Excuses are like *** holes and sometimes you just need to keep yours closed.

Do elites have advantages. Yes. But have you ever stopped and looked at the coaches at these elites? For the most part they are the best coaches in the game. They have been around the longest and know how to gameplan, recruit and build a team at any school. They had a lot of success at nonelites which is HOW THEY GOT an elite. The best coaches will beat the mediocre coaches no matter what school any of them are at.

If you spent half the time trying to beat the elites as you do complaing and gathering facts everyone already knows are true you could probably beat one by now and realize it's possible. There have been great dynasties built at non elites. Kcden in Bryant had been at Washington for years and has won 6 NC and a ton of CC'S and scheduled elites every year. There are countless examples like this one and I'm sure people will most them in response.

Last thing I will say.... Rutgers us deffinitly not an elite lol :) if your scared to even schedule Rutgers then I don't have any advice for you. Have a great day and may the GD bless you.
2/27/2017 9:04 AM
^ what the establishment would say.

Lol.

what would WIS CS say about the subject?

Probably the exact same thing as TD.

I have been very successful in this game. More than you, one NC to Zero. BOOM!

Stating facts is not crying. Complaints about facts is.

If you don't want to discuss this any more than don't.

Believe it or not you can scroll past my post.

And guess what td, there are new coaches and veterans that still need help. They enjoy my insights and opinions. They are happy that I have supplied info on elite vs non-elite.

Just because you think your smarter and more experienced does not mean everyone has to agree with you.

if I spent half the time? You get rude real fast when people don't agree with you.

If you spent half the time thinking outside of the box, and less defending the status quo, maybe you could improve on those whopping ZERO championships that you have racked up with all of your awesome opinions.

Lastly I would like to say that Rutgers is the single most elite in all world's. GO RUTGERS!
2/27/2017 11:29 AM
Hey TD what's your opinion on cheating and collusion?

Oh, the same as Wis CS.

That's why you are establishment.

You want us to move on and act like its not a problem. Just like WIS.

I don't see why that offends you so much.
2/27/2017 11:36 AM
truedevil:"Learn the system and learn how pay the least amount you have to. Stop complaining about something you can't change."

This is why I won't play an elite in non-con with a 1A school. If other BCS schools would follow suit there would be a lot less elites winning NC's. Why? because they would by and large have a couple of losses after non-con if they were stuck playing each other. Or they would have a weak SOS with playing a bunch of simai's.

chrondon's stat's aren't lying. Elites are winning against a BCS at an alarming rate and they are playing each other at a .500 rate. Why play into their hands? During conference schedule I have to play elites. But let them beat each other up in Non-con. A loss by a BCS team in non-con pads the elite resume for a NC run. That loss almost eliminates the BCS from an NC chance. Two losses and you are done.

It's not complaining, its strategy. At Minnesota I usually end up with 3 elites in conference schedule. I have went 2-1 in different seasons. But it is usually the opposite. So I have little desire in taking on another elite that I have a 30%-40% chance of winning only to help that elite win the NC.
2/27/2017 12:00 PM
Posted by jibe717 on 2/27/2017 12:00:00 PM (view original):
truedevil:"Learn the system and learn how pay the least amount you have to. Stop complaining about something you can't change."

This is why I won't play an elite in non-con with a 1A school. If other BCS schools would follow suit there would be a lot less elites winning NC's. Why? because they would by and large have a couple of losses after non-con if they were stuck playing each other. Or they would have a weak SOS with playing a bunch of simai's.

chrondon's stat's aren't lying. Elites are winning against a BCS at an alarming rate and they are playing each other at a .500 rate. Why play into their hands? During conference schedule I have to play elites. But let them beat each other up in Non-con. A loss by a BCS team in non-con pads the elite resume for a NC run. That loss almost eliminates the BCS from an NC chance. Two losses and you are done.

It's not complaining, its strategy. At Minnesota I usually end up with 3 elites in conference schedule. I have went 2-1 in different seasons. But it is usually the opposite. So I have little desire in taking on another elite that I have a 30%-40% chance of winning only to help that elite win the NC.
This is the correct thought out statement. You have to play 3 elites in your conference every year. Therefor you do not need to schedule them out of conference. But conference like the Big East who have zero elites (counting Rutgers as a non Elite) then you need something to boost your SOS. Same reason why in real life (which is what a ton of you want this to be) people still play Alabama in their Non-conference games even when they probably know they are going to lose. To the selection committee a close lose to Alabama looks better then a blow out win over a non-BCS school over in a low ranked BCS school.

If you are an team in the ACC, SEC, BIG10 or BIG12 you do not need to schedule elites in non-conference games unless you want to and believe you are the best of the best. For teams in the PAC-10 and BIG East you may need the SOS bump to make into the NC game if that's goal. My point is this isn't as black and white as don't schedule an elite if you know you can't win.
2/27/2017 12:30 PM
And I said in my show if you think you can beat them, go ahead. But most of the time, your wrong.

That's all I'm saying.

We see in Bryant Texas Tech win a lot against elites. But that's one guy in one world.

It might not be so simple as "do not ever schedule elites".

But I think 90% of the time, coaches schedule bad.

One thing that I think, the more population in a world the more dominant the elites are. With more competition for mid to top players, it hurts non elites. I might be wrong but I think it might be the case.

2/27/2017 12:32 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 2/27/2017 11:36:00 AM (view original):
Hey TD what's your opinion on cheating and collusion?

Oh, the same as Wis CS.

That's why you are establishment.

You want us to move on and act like its not a problem. Just like WIS.

I don't see why that offends you so much.
Nothing you say or your opinion offends me. I just don't think its accurately portraying the problem or the solution correctly.

My views are not the same as WIS but its not black and white like you try to make it seem. Not everyone with two accounts is cheating. You think they are I know a lot of coaches with two accounts that aren't.

Just because I refuse to draw a line in the sand and say anyone that has two accounts is cheating and it shouldn't be allowed does not mean I agree with WIS CS and it does not mean I approve of cheating and collusion. Unfortunately its a little deeper then you try to make it seem and takes more discussion.
2/27/2017 12:36 PM
"And guess what td, there are new coaches and veterans that still need help. They enjoy my insights and opinions. They are happy that I have supplied info on elite vs non-elite."

I guess I'm just confused what insight you are giving on elites vs. non elites? That elites are more dominate and win more games?
2/27/2017 12:40 PM
That coaches are not scheduling right.

It's not a debate about if elites are better. We know that.

It's about, are non elites scheduling to better their chances to compete.

That's it.
2/27/2017 12:43 PM
I have a question for all you blowhards. If you are a non BCS school should you schedule BCS schools?
2/27/2017 12:47 PM
This is the problem. After listening to your podcast and reading your posts all I get out of it is you don't like elites and you shouldn't schedule them because you will lose. Seems like you are trying to give a different message which is great but that my take away and I bet it is others take away too.

Just saying don't schedule elites and take a lose doesn't really help coaches. Breaking down what your WIS ranking needs to be to get into a bowl game, what record + SOS should give that ranking, what goes into SOS and how to affect it would be way more helpful to new coaches trying to figure out how to schedule and why scheduling matters.
2/27/2017 12:52 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.