Gridiron Crossing Topic

Last night I dreamed that I was actually in this story, oh my, what have I done! Before I go any further with it I thought it best to get a few things straight about the storyline.

First off it is mostly going to be pure fiction with just enough similarities to actual events and people that have occurred in the game to make it interesting for you to read. So far everything that I have written has been from my original ideas, but from this point forward I will from time to time include basic themes or storylines from western novels that I have read by Louis Lamour or Zane Grey, these when used will be loose adaptations that may or may not even be recognizable to you, even if you have read the particular books in question. I'm just doing this for fun and not for gain so I ask your indulgence on this matter and with any bits of plagiarism that may occur, and if you are a fan of western novels and you recognize something, feel free to point it out in this post.

We are also coming into a part of the story where you are going to start seeing actual names of people past or present along with references to specific usernames in Gridiron Dynasty. I am going to use the names in reference to the worlds in Gridiron Dynasty, not the actual person themselves. The likenesses that I create to go with these names may or may not have any resemblance to the actual person or the actual world that is represented by that name in this game. I will try to make some effort to connect it to the game, but I will not purposefully say or do anything in the storyline that even remotely reflects on the actual person that made the name famous. Likewise, when I make a reference toward a username, most often by a partially hidden descriptive clue of some sort, it is just for fun and to add to the story and it is in no way meant to malign or damage the true character of the person in any way. An example is the name "Sam Ford" that appeared in part 2, a reference to Samford University. As well as the initials M.R. on the telegraph, for mraston who is currently in his first season of a rebuild at Samford and was leading my powerful Eastern Kentucky Colonels at halftime during our regular season game. It was this performance that created the final push that got me started on this idea for a story that I have not been able to shake from my thoughts over the last few months.

Lastly, I want to let you know that I'm writing these things on the fly with little to no research. That means that there are bound to be funny mistakes, there will be things out of place in both time and location. There will be names that don't match up and at times there will appear something that just doesn't make any sense or don't add up lol. My apologies now for such errors and others that I can't even imagine right now. If you find them feel free to point them out or correct them by posting on it here, maybe we can keep score and create a game inside of a story about a game out of it. You can also try to solve the clues for usernames, but I probably will not confirm nor deny them on here or in the story. If for any reason this becomes offensive or just boring let me know, if I get more than a token of complaints coming in I will scrap the project. So far it has taken me 4-6 hours per segment to write, so please take some pity on me, especially if I make any major blunders.

Thanks,

Pete
2/27/2017 2:22 PM (edited)
Great stuff Pete!
2/27/2017 4:59 PM
Pete, this blows me away. Very creative. Very thoughtful. I wish I had the creativity to do stuff like this.

Now that I know what is going on i have to go back and check out the goods.

To be honest, I was very confused the first time I read your story. Great writing but the concept was lost on me.
2/27/2017 6:20 PM
I can not wait for the next installment because this is good stuff. Great Job Pete
2/27/2017 7:14 PM
Pete.. this stuff is riveting and you have my attention. Keep up the great work. Can't wait for the next installment.
2/27/2017 7:30 PM
" So i am guessing Andy Wagner is A.Wag or am i way off. Pistol Pete i need to know and i think it is official i am hooked."

I guess huskerfan26 deserves 1 point for the above quote, close enough lol.
3/2/2017 1:15 AM
"This town aint big enough for the two of us" . (one of my favorite lines in a western novel ; The Virginian).
If you are a fan of Western novels , read the book(the movie was good but the book was better) Shane by Jack Schaeffer.
Also, Death of An Eagle by Kirby Jonas is an excellent book.
Interesting to see where this go's :)
3/2/2017 4:08 AM
This is even got me interested in the story. I just took some time out to read all of these and wondering who is who. Very interesting stuff.
3/2/2017 11:12 PM
Man and here i thought i had got the Sherlock bug in me, but i guess not.
3/2/2017 11:32 PM
Gridiron Crossing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.