North Dakota State Topic

I jumped from DIII to DII and took the job at North Dakota State. I think that was a mistake. There is not a single QB in my vision within the 100 mile mark. Recruiting is going to be a bear.
2/27/2017 8:36 PM
100 miles isn't that far. 360 and maybe it will be trickier.
2/27/2017 8:41 PM
The good news is that it's much easier to do national recruiting verses the other worlds.

In the Dakotas, if you find any decent recruit within your 180, jump on him fast:)
2/27/2017 8:42 PM
Depending on how populated your world is on the West Coast... I was able to find a lot of guys at Augustana (South Dakota) over there. Actually.. out West in general. D2 usually has a lot of guys that arnt being picked up by other teams.. just need to be patient and find them.
2/27/2017 8:49 PM
Its only 235 miles down I-94 to the Twin Cities. There are usually a fair number of recruits down there. I started out in this game at Concordia in Moorehead across the river and you are right there wasn't much to be had. Or further west into ND. But MN itself had lots of good recruits.

Go Bison!!
2/27/2017 8:59 PM
I will have the same problem at BSU. Low number of recruits in vision and the next closest are active coaches on the West Coast. I will do my best to get the best possible and search nationally. I hope to give it 4 seasons and see how it goes. Good luck FlaRounder.
2/28/2017 12:04 AM
Within 360, you are fine. Spend the first season just learning the recruiting landscape. Then kick *** next season.
2/28/2017 12:13 AM
Hello FlaRounder, I have Northern State in Warner world which is pretty close to the same recruiting ground that you are going to encounter. Here is what I I seem to face almost every season. Maybe 2 or 3 recruits within 100 miles. That is not to say anybody would want them. Check out how many recruits I now have from North and South Dakota. Usually I set up a list of 70 to 100 recruits I am interested in. 50% or more are more than 1000 miles away. There may be pockets of recruiting areas that are similar but I don't think there could be any worse. That being said you can be successful, you just can't address recruiting in the same manner you would like you were in Pennsylvania.
2/28/2017 8:17 PM
I don't know why you guys are talking about 100 miles. 180 miles is the first big cut-off. Then 360. Then 1400.
2/28/2017 8:45 PM
You are in d2 now. You've got your first Big Boy Pants and Everything. Stop thinking with 360 miles and go wherever it takes if you ever wanna win an NC.
Of course be aware of your budget and don't overspend since the number one rule in recruiting is(or should be) never take on AI players. Make sure "you" pick em. But that doesn't mean if they aint in 360 that you shouldn't go after them.
3/1/2017 4:10 AM (edited)
North Dakota State Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.