D1 beat D3 (gasp!) Topic

Team Coach Division Prestige Int Level Scholarship Offer? Odds
Fordham Trentonjoe DI B Very High Yes 56%
DIII B- Very High Yes 44%

It took 162 AP put in over 24 hours to beat a D3 team camped out on him.
2/28/2017 11:29 PM
Nice
3/1/2017 12:00 AM
To clarify, the AP were all you put in on him? (aside from the obvious scholarship offer too...)
3/1/2017 12:21 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/28/2017 11:29:00 PM (view original):
Team Coach Division Prestige Int Level Scholarship Offer? Odds
Fordham Trentonjoe DI B Very High Yes 56%
DIII B- Very High Yes 44%

It took 162 AP put in over 24 hours to beat a D3 team camped out on him.
Gasp o no the whole world is falling. Hilary Clinton blew a 3-1 lead.
3/1/2017 1:00 AM
Posted by rednu on 3/1/2017 12:21:00 AM (view original):
To clarify, the AP were all you put in on him? (aside from the obvious scholarship offer too...)
thats it
3/1/2017 5:47 AM
So you basically won a coin flip in a D1 vs D3 battle. Not sure what you are even trying to prove here.
3/1/2017 8:40 AM
Posted by mullycj on 3/1/2017 8:40:00 AM (view original):
So you basically won a coin flip in a D1 vs D3 battle. Not sure what you are even trying to prove here.
It's ridiculous that the D3 had 46% to land him.
3/1/2017 8:44 AM
Maybe the recruit just really put a lot of stock in the quality education that Johns Hopkins offers
3/1/2017 8:49 AM
My point is it took very little effort to knock off a D3 team that was heavily invested in a recruit. I don't know for sure how much he put it but he was on him from the very beginning and I started recruiting him 2 days before the second period ended.

If I had one more cycle I would have doubled my effort by promising minutes, sending a HV and crushed the D3 school.

This happened after I lost 2 all in battles.
3/1/2017 9:27 AM
How do you know that the D3 was heavily invested? Some of the other threads seem to show that D3 schools have significantly more recruiting power than what you are suggesting - see the Union-UConn-West Virginia thread. I don't think the lesson here is that 160 AP will always defeat a D3 school. Although I would argue that it probably SHOULD be that way.
3/1/2017 9:49 AM
I've been knocked out in two cycles. I "only" had around 800 AP invested but I know the D1 couldn't have put in more than 160.
3/1/2017 9:51 AM
It may be as simple a matter of timing -- TJ put his AP on the recruit with time for the AP to take effect and negate the time the D3 had been on the recruit. The Union-UConn-WVU may not have moved their attention to the recruit sufficiently soon enough to negates Union's long-standing effort before the recruit made his signing decision.

Sure if a D1 winks and flirts with a recruit that is only getting attention from a long-standing D3, we think the recruit should be overwhelmed by the (slight) attention. But it seems even D1's have to make the commitment to attention with enough time for the recruit to recognize the flirting.
3/1/2017 9:54 AM
There isn't enough information. We need to know what D3 put in. And we need to know preferences.
3/1/2017 9:58 AM
Posted by jt2xTTU on 3/1/2017 9:54:00 AM (view original):
It may be as simple a matter of timing -- TJ put his AP on the recruit with time for the AP to take effect and negate the time the D3 had been on the recruit. The Union-UConn-WVU may not have moved their attention to the recruit sufficiently soon enough to negates Union's long-standing effort before the recruit made his signing decision.

Sure if a D1 winks and flirts with a recruit that is only getting attention from a long-standing D3, we think the recruit should be overwhelmed by the (slight) attention. But it seems even D1's have to make the commitment to attention with enough time for the recruit to recognize the flirting.
Are you saying that recruits make their decision before considering the effort put in on a particular cycle?
3/1/2017 10:03 AM
"Need" to know? Or just want to know? Will the complaining stop if the D3 had 1600 AP, 10 HV, a CV, 25m and a start?

Or will the "D3 should NEVER beat D1" still be the mantra?
3/1/2017 10:04 AM
12345 Next ▸
D1 beat D3 (gasp!) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.