Recommendation Settings Topic

Has anybody let their team play a whole season just using the "show recommendation" settings?
3/1/2017 8:08 AM
No, ha, that would be a losing strategy. But if enough brave souls would commit to doing it, that could be an interesting theme league. Hard to police though since you can't see other people's settings.
3/1/2017 10:05 AM
It would be an interesting study to look back at someone's results that did this, but I don't think it would be fun in the process. Half the fun is making regular tweaks to a lineup to manage fatigue or make the best of matchups.

Imagine how hard it would be to see Sparky make terrible lineup choices and not be able to change them...
3/1/2017 11:17 AM
That'd be an awesome league. I'd play
3/1/2017 11:37 AM
I agree it could be a fun experiment, but the problem is you'd have to trust all other owners would leave their recommended settings alone once they were in place. I don't know of any way to monitor adherence to that rule.
3/1/2017 12:10 PM
Is there a way for admission to shut that feature off (ability to adjust) for a league?
3/1/2017 3:38 PM
I doubt admin would put that much effort into a league for you, but you could always ask if you got the owner commitments first.
3/1/2017 4:03 PM
Might be more feasible to try this in an exhibition league. It's free to start as many accounts as you want, so get five more accounts and do it yourself. If I did it, I'd draft the same roster for all six teams and set the lineup/pitch counts myself for only one of them.
3/1/2017 4:30 PM
Posted by Lewb on 3/1/2017 8:08:00 AM (view original):
Has anybody let their team play a whole season just using the "show recommendation" settings?
I just started playing and I don't know enough not to turn off. Which recommendations settings should a new owner need to be tweaking?
3/3/2017 7:13 AM
Pitch counts are probably the most important. You should also adjust the individual base stealing settings since by default even bad base stealers will often be set at a level where they will attempt too many steals and waste outs on the bases. Really though, you should just look at everything and decide what you want to change based on your own philosophy and strategy.
3/3/2017 9:51 AM
The preset pitch counts are terrible, so are the pull settings.
3/4/2017 5:18 PM
If you follow Sparky's recommendation concerning your pitching staff, you're screwed!!!!
3/6/2017 3:44 AM
Recommendation Settings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.