D2 All Time Leading Rusher (Wilkinson) Topic

I'm proud to announce that the vaunted Wishbone attack of the West Virginia State Yellow Jackets has produced a record setting performance.

RS Sr Craig Miller has broken the all time rushing record for all of Division II with a mark of 4,517 yards. Even more impressive is that he achieved this milestone in only 14 games, with an average of 322.6 yards per game. Craig finishes his career as a 1st Team All American and 3 time NSIC Offensive Player of the Year. He was also the NSIC Rookie of the Year and a 3rd Team All American as a RS Freshman.

While the season ended somewhat abruptly with an OT loss in the first round of the playoffs, the school's AD states that he is "proud of Craig, proud of the team, and is very pleased with the progress of the entire program under 5th year coach harriswb3."

Article courtesy of news station WBNE "All Wishbone, All The Time"

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerProfile/Blog.aspx?pid=10832033

3/1/2017 7:17 PM
Well done harris - was neat to see you build that team up in your peculiar fashion.
3/1/2017 7:30 PM
CONGRATS!!
3/1/2017 9:37 PM
Very cool. Guess I should stop making RB elusiveness a priority lol dude is strong and fast!
3/1/2017 11:44 PM
https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerRecordProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=10767761&tid=51544&rid=5&season=127

Career. Got you by 100 yards

3/2/2017 4:21 AM
Off the charts !!
3/2/2017 9:56 AM
Posted by realist9900 on 3/2/2017 4:21:00 AM (view original):
https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerRecordProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=10767761&tid=51544&rid=5&season=127

Career. Got you by 100 yards

Excellent work!

This guy was in my first recruiting class at this rebuild. He was the only one toting the rock as a RS Frosh. During his next two seasons I had some other RBs that I could share the load with and do some experimentation. He would have easily been over 3000 yards as a RS soph, and probably near to 4000 as a RS junior.

In every season and every game we were "running the clock", so that cut out a few carries as well. His YPC improvement season over season is what I'm most excited about. If I can reproduce that consistently.......
3/2/2017 10:13 AM
Posted by ebel331 on 3/1/2017 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Very cool. Guess I should stop making RB elusiveness a priority lol dude is strong and fast!
Next season we find out what really works. I have a RS Senior who has been riding the pine. He is speedy and elusive...but low on STR. Ive tried to get him in the lineup, but he just never gave me the "pop" that I needed. Next season he will be in the number 1 slot and will have a chance to prove himself. Since starting back at this game, with this team, I've changed some of my previous philosophy on what is important and what is not.
3/2/2017 10:15 AM
Congrats!
3/2/2017 10:53 AM
D2 All Time Leading Rusher (Wilkinson) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.