How is that 3.0 Update Coming? Topic

Early entries still broken. Job changes still broken. Been, what, four months since they were "working" on it?
3/2/2017 4:49 PM
Are EE "broken" because you don't get the resources until the second session or because teams are still losing 3 and 4 guys?
3/2/2017 5:22 PM
I would say broken but only because you don't equal sources for an EE. If they would bump the 1/3 amount of att pts up to 2/3 att pts I think that would be a good tie over.
3/2/2017 5:39 PM
Posted by waykbordr on 3/2/2017 5:39:00 PM (view original):
I would say broken but only because you don't equal sources for an EE. If they would bump the 1/3 amount of att pts up to 2/3 att pts I think that would be a good tie over.
huh?
3/2/2017 6:58 PM
You only get 10 sessions worth of att pts because they are not available til the 2nd session. So a max of 200.

whereas a normal schollie gets a max of 32 sessions, 22 cycles in the 1st and 10 in the second thus a max of 640 att pts.

if they would give EE schollies 40 pts per cycle as opposed to 20 it would help balance things a bit more but not fully like a normal scholarship.
3/3/2017 12:26 AM
For an EE you get 1/3 the APs you get for a regular opening, so if you could get 2/3rds that'd be ok. By shortening 1st session and lengthening second or something else.
3/3/2017 12:27 AM
Posted by waykbordr on 3/3/2017 12:26:00 AM (view original):
You only get 10 sessions worth of att pts because they are not available til the 2nd session. So a max of 200.

whereas a normal schollie gets a max of 32 sessions, 22 cycles in the 1st and 10 in the second thus a max of 640 att pts.

if they would give EE schollies 40 pts per cycle as opposed to 20 it would help balance things a bit more but not fully like a normal scholarship.
Assuring EE caliber replacing EE caliber players, season after season, is a thing of the past. One of the main purposes of 3.0 was to introduce recruiting competition at the top of D1 where is was lacking. There have been 225 threads about this already, give or take 3 or 4. This is old news.
3/3/2017 2:30 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/3/2017 2:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by waykbordr on 3/3/2017 12:26:00 AM (view original):

Assuring EE caliber replacing EE caliber players, season after season, is a thing of the past. One of the main purposes of 3.0 was to introduce recruiting competition at the top of D1 where is was lacking. There have been 225 threads about this already, give or take 3 or 4. This is old news.
We think ees should declare early so we get resources.
3/3/2017 7:02 AM
November 22 posting by admin that they were working on adjusting announcement timing. No word since.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=497901

an adjustment to announcement timing could help a lot - to make it feasible to replace EE with serviceable players.

Not aware of anyone who has argued that EEs should be readily replaced with EE level players despite Spud straw man

3/3/2017 7:12 AM
How about this idea: make the second session "longer" by simply decreasing the time between cycles back to 3 hours. That way you could have 2-3 full sessions to get into it before signings start again, and enough time to add consideration/chase more players.
3/3/2017 7:55 AM
yes this has been said a million times. admin kind of asked for it by promising adjustments, though. many huge changes have been suggested that are not going to happen but also a bunch of unobtrusive, low impact ones that might address the situation without swinging back too far.

in order of potential impact on HD3 gameplay:
idea #1: no EE off the big board and/or remove the unknowable postseason effect on big board status
idea #2: EE declare earlier
idea #3: additional AP for EE replacement
idea #4: 1 signings-free cycle to open session 2
3/3/2017 8:27 AM
Or make it as a lottery decision. Top 14 go for sure, so give resources.
3/3/2017 8:52 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mullycj on 3/3/2017 9:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/2/2017 5:22:00 PM (view original):
Are EE "broken" because you don't get the resources until the second session or because teams are still losing 3 and 4 guys?
How many EEs do you have to deal with on your teams? Because you usually post as if you don't have to deal with or understand the headaches the current version causes.
I haven't had any EE in 3.0. That's why I was asking. I will have 2 this season or next.

The other chief complaints I don't think are a big deal. I understand your "headaches" I just don't agree with you.
3/3/2017 9:23 AM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
How is that 3.0 Update Coming? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.