How is that 3.0 Update Coming? Topic

Fair enough
3/3/2017 9:24 AM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 3/3/2017 8:27:00 AM (view original):
yes this has been said a million times. admin kind of asked for it by promising adjustments, though. many huge changes have been suggested that are not going to happen but also a bunch of unobtrusive, low impact ones that might address the situation without swinging back too far.

in order of potential impact on HD3 gameplay:
idea #1: no EE off the big board and/or remove the unknowable postseason effect on big board status
idea #2: EE declare earlier
idea #3: additional AP for EE replacement
idea #4: 1 signings-free cycle to open session 2
not long ago, Mike proposed in one of his threads that they should limit to one EE per season
3/3/2017 9:26 AM
As someone with a lot of EE, I don't think this is a MASSIVE problem that needs to be fixed by changes in the EE announcement structure -- I think it is probably more realistic that EEs happen later in the cycle rather than earlier.

But prestige should matter more (as I've discussed in the D1 vs D3 threads), and one of the easiest possible fixes would be to eliminate signings in the first couple session 2 cycles. That should help EE losers grab backup options easier than is happening right now.
3/3/2017 9:54 AM
Posted by jcfreder on 3/3/2017 9:54:00 AM (view original):
As someone with a lot of EE, I don't think this is a MASSIVE problem that needs to be fixed by changes in the EE announcement structure -- I think it is probably more realistic that EEs happen later in the cycle rather than earlier.

But prestige should matter more (as I've discussed in the D1 vs D3 threads), and one of the easiest possible fixes would be to eliminate signings in the first couple session 2 cycles. That should help EE losers grab backup options easier than is happening right now.
It continues to boggle my mind that this easy fix, which the vast majority of coaches apparently want (the only anti coach I've seen is spud, so draw your own conclusions re: the value of that opinion), and which was identified almost immediately after 3.0 rolled out, has not been implemented. It also -- perhaps more importantly than the EE issue, IMO -- helps those coaches who move schools. Get it together, WIS.
3/3/2017 11:09 AM
It's a little more far-reaching than I believe is understood.

It would delay D1 recruits signing with D2 users, right? So it transfers the problem to D2 users. So one would assume it would delay D2 recruits signing with D3 users also, right? So you've transferred a D1 problem to D2/D3 users. Simple math sez you're making the game harder on twice as many people.

And I'm not saying I'm against it. I'm just saying it "moves" the problem from the rich(users with EE issues) to the poor(D2/D3 users).
3/3/2017 11:25 AM
How is it a problem for D2/D3, those schools are reaching they aren't *spud voice* entitled to sign those D1 recruits right?

It helps with a problem at D1 while making D2/D3 more higher risk/reward. Aren't you all about risk and reward
3/3/2017 11:43 AM
The EE change could be better for D2 not worse. A D2 is stuck by the red light and then all of a sudden teams get an influx of resources which they can use to bump the D2 off. As a D2 coach I would like to know what the D1 team has to battle with when we start.
3/3/2017 11:53 AM
If I'm not misunderstanding the proposal moves the red light back. That gives the D1 more time to overtake the D2. And the D2 to overtake the D3. That can't be better for them.
3/3/2017 11:56 AM
Not that I'm battling top D1 teams with D2...

but I guess some are.
3/3/2017 11:57 AM
any change will have ripple effects - i think there are ways to address this that would have very small ripple effects - but fair and wise to consider.
3/3/2017 12:00 PM
Well, despite not being in D1 and obviously having no right to dare comment on it, I've thrown out a few suggestions.
1. The max of 1 EE per school per season that you mentioned.
2. Top 250 being exclusive to D1
3. Top 125 at each position exclusive to D1/D2

I think benis said each level had around 2500 per season. 10% is D1 only and 25% excludes D3 from D1 recruits. That's a pretty big pool for 90ish D1 users to draw from.
3/3/2017 12:11 PM
d3 has about 2500. D1 is closer to 1500.
3/3/2017 12:20 PM
Even better. 1/6 protected from D2/D3 and over 40% protected from D3.
3/3/2017 12:21 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/3/2017 12:11:00 PM (view original):
Well, despite not being in D1 and obviously having no right to dare comment on it, I've thrown out a few suggestions.
1. The max of 1 EE per school per season that you mentioned.
2. Top 250 being exclusive to D1
3. Top 125 at each position exclusive to D1/D2

I think benis said each level had around 2500 per season. 10% is D1 only and 25% excludes D3 from D1 recruits. That's a pretty big pool for 90ish D1 users to draw from.
I would have no problem with these limits. It's eased off some of 2.0s caps which is good but helps eliviate (sp) some of the overlap that has been the issue of discussions.
3/3/2017 12:24 PM
Mike has a good idea

I nominate Mike for admin!
3/3/2017 12:25 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
How is that 3.0 Update Coming? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.