Wilkinson Central 130 Topic

Posted by ebel331 on 4/1/2017 8:47:00 PM (view original):
Where can I get a George Knapp jersey?
no kidding he's the bomb ain't he
4/1/2017 8:56 PM
EBEL how bored are you right now? Also that kid is gonna be a stud.
4/1/2017 8:58 PM
Posted by truedevil33 on 4/1/2017 8:58:00 PM (view original):
don't question my GD nerdom, sir. one time i beat my friend in a cc game and posted his 'freshly pulled gd coaching card' for sale on ebay. buying a fake football player's jersey is not above me. dude has 95 strength and elusiveness!
4/1/2017 9:23 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 4/1/2017 9:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by truedevil33 on 4/1/2017 8:58:00 PM (view original):
don't question my GD nerdom, sir. one time i beat my friend in a cc game and posted his 'freshly pulled gd coaching card' for sale on ebay. buying a fake football player's jersey is not above me. dude has 95 strength and elusiveness!
I want to do a segment on my show called nergasms with Ebel. Where you come in and give us your latest Wilkinson nerdgasms.
4/1/2017 11:06 PM
Good luck to Tennessee Tech today in the D-IAA final. Looks like I made a great decision to leave that team and move up, after deciding it might be hard to get a good resume in a really tough conference.
4/5/2017 12:22 PM
Job Status Update

Previously In Jeopardy:
Maryland is now open after they lost their bowl game
North Carolina won their Level 1 Bowl and improved to LTNJ
Temple won their Level 1 Bowl and improved to LTNJ
Colorado St. won their Level 3 Bowl and improved all the way to Secure

Previous Little to No Jeopardy:
Mizzou lost their Level 3 Bowl and fell to In Jeopardy
Baylor lost their Level 2 Bowl and fell to In Jeopardy
UConn lost their Level 1 Bowl and fell to In Jeopardy
Minnesota won their Level 3 Bowl and STAYED at LTNJ (wtf?)
Washington lost their Level 2 Bowl and fell to In Jeopardy
Georgia won their Level 1 Bowl and stayed at LTNJ
Arkansas lost their Level 3 Bowl and fell to In Jeopardy

This is pretty surprising to me, I didn't realize teams could save their jobs by winning ANY bowl, and not only save them but move up to LTNJ by winning a Level 1 Bowl. Minnesota not improving status is really stupid, considering Colorado St. jumped 2 levels for winning the same bowl. Thoughts?
4/5/2017 6:36 PM
I am just glad Genuvar isn't in charge of job security..He predicted I would be gone after this past season..I am glad he was wrong..I did get my prediction right he and Florida State did lose ANOTHER ACC CC game.
4/5/2017 7:14 PM
Posted by z32fanatic on 4/5/2017 6:36:00 PM (view original):
Job Status Update

Previously In Jeopardy:

This is pretty surprising to me, I didn't realize teams could save their jobs by winning ANY bowl, and not only save them but move up to LTNJ by winning a Level 1 Bowl. Minnesota not improving status is really stupid, considering Colorado St. jumped 2 levels for winning the same bowl. Thoughts?
I was also surprised by some of these status changes z32. Temple's inexplicable upgrade to LTNJ status really stood out to me, while poor UConn went to In Jeopardy after just season 3.
4/5/2017 7:52 PM
Posted by z32fanatic on 4/5/2017 6:36:00 PM (view original):
Job Status Update

Previously In Jeopardy:

This Minnesota vs. Colorado State job status variance makes me a bit curious. A couple thoughts:

Thought #1: I kinda understand Minnesota because he finished #26. When I was at Texas Tech I had several seasons where I was LTNJ or In Jeopardy. I didn't jump up levels until I finished in the top 25. I had about as much experience as kensei44 does at this point.

Thought #2: Chainsaw has 109 seasons experience and this season was his 50th bowl game. Could these contribute to the bump? Is the Big East ranked lower than the Power Five conferences so job security isn't as difficult to maintain? I have never played in the Big East and haven't followed it closely. Is it as prestigious as the ACC/Big Ten/Big 12/Pac 10/SEC conference group in GD?
4/5/2017 8:01 PM
I had seen people at BCS schools preserve their jobs by winning a level 2 bowl before. Winning a level 1, I hadn't seen that. Is it possible that world populations play a factor in the job status equation?
4/5/2017 10:04 PM
Posted by trmcco2 on 4/5/2017 7:14:00 PM (view original):
I am just glad Genuvar isn't in charge of job security..He predicted I would be gone after this past season..I am glad he was wrong..I did get my prediction right he and Florida State did lose ANOTHER ACC CC game.
Yea.. thats probably a good thing for a bunch of people. My standards are much higher in certain areas then that of GD.
4/5/2017 11:17 PM
Posted by genuvar on 4/5/2017 11:17:00 PM (view original):
Yea.. thats probably a good thing for a bunch of people. My standards are much higher in certain areas then that of GD.
Oh.. and if you want to start a measuring contest I have no problem doing that once I get home. Living in a tent for a week and using my cellphone to gameplan is a pain as it is.

We can definitely do some comparing once I have my computer though.
4/5/2017 11:25 PM
I am not a fan of the current firing standards in D-IA. However, if the same standards were applied to your situation as we've seen for the last... oh... five or six years of real time, you would have been fired. I'm mystified you weren't. Before today, it took a Level 2 Bowl win or greater to save an In Jeopardy job.

Under those rules, your prediction would've been naive and incorrect. But I guess you know somethinf the rest of us don't, because... here you are! So congrats on keeping your job.
4/6/2017 12:23 AM
I bet that trmcco2 would be thrilled to actually make and lose an ACC CC game, considering he went 0-4 against human opponents in the ACC, losing by an AVERAGE of 45 points per game.
4/6/2017 1:19 AM (edited)
Posted by gt_deuce on 4/6/2017 12:23:00 AM (view original):
I am not a fan of the current firing standards in D-IA. However, if the same standards were applied to your situation as we've seen for the last... oh... five or six years of real time, you would have been fired. I'm mystified you weren't. Before today, it took a Level 2 Bowl win or greater to save an In Jeopardy job.

Under those rules, your prediction would've been naive and incorrect. But I guess you know somethinf the rest of us don't, because... here you are! So congrats on keeping your job.
I'm 99.9 percent sure arkansas got bumped up from In jeopardy to LTNJ for winning a level 1. I'm thinking that the person who said it's based on population is correct? Cause You would obviously know more than me but it seems based on your surprise that wilkinson is the only world that happens in.
4/6/2017 2:19 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Wilkinson Central 130 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.