Interesting e-mail about a challenge Topic

I just got an e-mail saying that Miami (Fl) wants to challenge me to an exhibition game. But I'm in D3. Thought it was weird, but went to accept it just for the hell of it, but it's not actually in my challenges. I don't know. Just something odd that I haven't seen before.
3/4/2017 2:26 PM
If I remember right in exhibition you can play any level. Maybe it wasn't in your challenges because whomever sent it changed their mind?
3/4/2017 2:52 PM
They could've either retracted the challenge or have had that spot filled.
3/4/2017 2:59 PM
Posted by waregl72 on 3/4/2017 2:52:00 PM (view original):
If I remember right in exhibition you can play any level. Maybe it wasn't in your challenges because whomever sent it changed their mind?
Correct, you can challenge coaches at any level. If you tried to accept and it didn't work, one of two things happened. Like waregl said they might have withdrawn the offer, or if you're late enough in recruiting then neither of you had a mutual, open day remaining to play.
3/4/2017 3:00 PM
is there any downside to challenging a D1 team in your first exhibition game when you're at DII?

i mean we got nothing better to do

we might as well get us a good training table and some bright lights big city
3/4/2017 3:46 PM
Posted by GoldenHomer2 on 3/4/2017 2:26:00 PM (view original):
I just got an e-mail saying that Miami (Fl) wants to challenge me to an exhibition game. But I'm in D3. Thought it was weird, but went to accept it just for the hell of it, but it's not actually in my challenges. I don't know. Just something odd that I haven't seen before.
Looks like they thought they were challenging the D1 Illinois.
3/4/2017 4:32 PM
Ah, I see. Didn't know you could challenge across divisions in exhibition. But yeah, I suppose he changed his mind either when he realized we weren't the University of Illinois or when he saw the intimidating Blue Boys mascot.
3/4/2017 10:19 PM
When I was at D3 Randolph Macon I used to search for D1 teams with 3 or less DL's and run the ball up the gut the whole game. One year I beat Georgia Tech.
3/6/2017 3:00 PM
I'll bet he meant Illinois in the B10 not MWC. I know I've challenged Miami (FL) when actually meaning Miami (OH).
3/6/2017 3:17 PM
OOPS...missed gators06's post above. Probably why I never post anything.
3/6/2017 3:19 PM
I have Miami in Bryant --- I like to schedule D3 Sim teams to disguise my game planning to some degree. I also like to start my back ups.

I sent the original poster the invite in error.
3/6/2017 4:22 PM
Interesting e-mail about a challenge Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.