Conference battles Topic

I think we should do the SEC vs Big East.
3/27/2017 12:49 AM
Posted by toknowpepsi on 3/11/2017 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Man, Kentucky always scares me. That will be an intense match-up!
You got a solid squad there pepsi....should be a good game.
3/27/2017 11:56 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 3/27/2017 12:49:00 AM (view original):
I think we should do the SEC vs Big East.
Ahhh, complete the triangle? I'm game. Harper vs. Swearengin death match!
3/27/2017 11:56 AM
If the SEC and Big East Coaches are in I will set up their matchups. Just need an agreed upon week for those two conferences to meet.
3/27/2017 5:31 PM
I'm down with the SEC/BE match up.
3/28/2017 8:13 AM
Me too. Just let me know what weeks and who Cincinnati should schedule and I'll do so.
3/28/2017 10:02 PM
I'm down. Big 12 still hasn't accepted my first request though!
3/30/2017 8:34 AM
I am checking to see if everyone in my conference has their games scheduled.
4/2/2017 2:43 PM
I'm in for SEC/BE
4/7/2017 5:25 AM
SEC vs Big East will be included next rotation to complete the circle. Just need an agreed upon week for the matchup.
4/9/2017 10:48 PM
How seeding will be done in order.

1) Conference regular season record,
2) Head-to-Head,
3) Conference seeding if in same division,
4) Whether or not they played the same teams last go around (to provide some diversity of opposition),
5) Projection Report.

In cases of multiple teams tied in conference record Head-to-Head against the other teams tied with will be used to separate. If that is tied move to #3 tiebreaker.
5/31/2017 7:03 PM (edited)
I will post the matchups on Thursday 5/11 for all the teams
5/7/2017 4:36 PM
Sounds good. I'm in!
5/9/2017 10:16 AM
Looking forward to it! Thanks for doing the work to set up the matchups.
5/11/2017 5:28 AM
Big 12 vs Big East. (week 5) #2 Big 12 4-2

1. #1 UConn 50 at #9 Oklahoma 66 (week 10)
In last seasons match-up Oklahoma (toknowpepsi) won at UConn (chapelhillne) and Oklahoma is the defending National Champion. Both teams were undefeated coming in to this matchup. Oklahoma fans packed the arena ready for the battle with Huskies. UConn came out on the attack but early on it seemed to work against them as the Sooners scored the first seven points. UConn's McCary took it on his shoulders to keep the Huskies in it and his play inspired the team in a comeback. The Sooners grudgingly held on to the lead 29-28 at the half. In the second half the Sooners exploded out of the gates with a 24-6 run that left no room for doubt on the final outcome. Player of the Game SG William Hill 19 points 2 rebounds 1 steal.
2. #19 Oklahoma St 59 at Louisville 53
Oklahoma State (awhoosier) dominated the first matchup between these two teams. Louisville (jbob23) was looking for revenge. Both teams rolled in undefeated looking to make a statement to the rest of the country. Scoring was at a premium and both teams played like every possession could decide the game. It was a battle of the stars as both Oklahoma St.'s PG James Brown and Louisville's Caleb Daddario came to play. The Cardinals led 21-19 at the half. The Cowboys stunned the home crowd with a 13-6 run to start the second half before the game settled back down. With 2:20 remaining OSU's Thomas Wix nailed a big three and then stole the ball in the backcourt leading to 2 more points and a 52-46 lead. Louisville stayed methodical on offense and closed the gap to 52-50 with 26 seconds remaining. Oklahoma State would hit enough free throws to hold on for the victory. Player of the Game Oklahoma State's PG James Brown 13 points 3 rebounds 5 assists 3 steals.
3. #18 Providence 42 at #6 Texas 57
Texas (manonde01) and Providence (starrider19) both won games in the initial Big 12-Big East challenge. Both teams are fairly young and relied on limiting their opponents possessions. The Friars would pull in seven offensive rebounds in the first half but only managed 8 points from it. The Longhorns made 9/15 shots and led 22-19 at the half. It was back and forth from there and Texas barely led 32-31 until Texas's snipers began firing away from beyond the arc and opened up the Friar defensive wall with 11:30 left in the game. By the time the shooters were done Texas had pulled off a 19-4 run pulled away en route to the victory. Player of the Game Texas's C Terry Patel 9 points 7 rebounds 1 steal.
4. Kansas St 83 at St. John's 86 (week 4)
Both Kansas State (drob321) and St. John's (chaltain) advanced to the 2nd round of last years NT. By any account these are budding powers. They showed their array of athletes from the start with both coaches going uptempo to attack the defenses. By the time the first half ended The Wildcats had managed a 40-33 lead on the road. They would extend that lead to 15 after a Paul Hornig dunk made it 58-43. The Red Storm responded to the pleas of the hometown faithful and rallied for a 21-3 run and a 64-61 lead. Seniors PG Hornig (23) and C Sandifer (25) would keep the Cats in it but would be out played on this day by the Red Storm duo of PG Motley (26) and G Buffington (21). Player of the Game St. John's PG Jeremy Motley 26 points 4 rebounds 4 assists 2 steals.
5. Pittsburgh at Baylor- stockplayer (Pittsburgh) feared ftbeaglesfan (Baylor) and ran away. Game not played due to fear factor.
6. #20 Iowa St 89 at Rutgers 82 OT
Both Iowa State (Clone77) and Rutgers (alebear) look to atone for missing last season's NT. Both were undefeated. Optimism was high for Rutgers and their fans came out in force. The Rutgers zone packed the inside and dared the Cyclones to beat them from the outside. Early on it worked. Iowa State shot only 4-17 from outside and trailed the Scarlet Knights 36-32 at the half. Fans in the arena texted others and soon it seemed like all of New Jersey was tuned in for the second half. Back and forth it went with neither team able to pull away. Finally with 40 seconds left in the game it appeared to be sealed when David Grace stepped to the line and made a pair of free throws to give Rutgers a 73-67 lead. Missed free throws down the stretch would give Iowa St. a chance and they would take advantage when Lawrence Johnson would nail a three to tie it up with 19 seconds left. Rutgers had one more chance to end it in regulation but a double dribble by Darius Menke ended that hope. In overtime the Cyclone's David Peppers put on a show scoring the first 11 points (including three 3s) for Iowa State as Iowa State sealed a come from behind win on the road. Player of the Game Iowa State C David Peppers 24 points 15 rebounds 2 assists 2 steals
7. West Virginia 59 at #25 Texas A&M 78
Both Texas A&M (pjeleson) and West Virginia (cats421991) have coaches relatively new to their programs. The Aggies were heavily favored. The Mountaineers looked like they were going to pull an upset when they scored the first five points of the game. Then Texas A&M exploded for a 23-4 run that left the raucous Morgantown fans silent. West Virginia would get no closer than eight the rest of the way. Player of the Game Texas A&M SF Rafael Quiroga 15 points 9 rebounds 1 assist 2 steals
8. Missouri 71 at Cincinnati 79
Missouri (mschulte24) and Cincinnati (Sim) are building their programs in their own image. Both teams need a win in this one to turn around a slow start to the season. The Tigers packed in their zone to slow the power inside game of the Bearcats. Missouri's Joseph Berry would put up 13 points in the first 18 minutes and had his team up 33-26, Then the Bearcats got physical with Berry and his lanky 168 pound frame. He would only get 3 points the rest of the game. At the half the Tigers still led 36-34 but the game had changed. The draining of that physical FCP in the second half wore on the Tigers and the Bearcats pulled ahead and then away. Player of the Game Cincinnati PF Robert Ferguson 13 points 11 rebounds 1 assist.
7/14/2017 7:24 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Conference battles Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.