Positional fielding ratings decline Topic

What fielding ratings begin to decline first? I have a player Player Profile: Pablo Carrera - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports who wants a 4 year $20mil extension. He's not an exceptional hitter at all, but he's a pretty good fielder sans the low range for a SS. If his range drops (which is already did 1 from s33 to s34) much more I don't know how playable he'll be and don't want to be stuck with a bad contract.

Another question: At SS, would you prefer a top end glove, or top end range (do you value + plays or low errors)?
3/5/2017 8:29 PM
The physical ratings, such as range, seem to decline quicker than the skill ratings (such as glove).

With 75 range, I'd say your guy's days at SS should be over. For me, he'd be a bench player if he had a reasonable salary. If he's asking 4/$20m, I'd be wishing him good luck and sending him on his way.
3/5/2017 8:46 PM
Let him walk. He's a utility player now. I wouldn't pay more than 1.5m per year for a utility guy and he'd have to hit better than your guy for me to pay that much.
3/6/2017 6:53 AM
4/20 would be a bad contract. If he goes FA and demands that, no one should touch him, so if you really want him back you can wait till his demands drop.

As for your second question, I'd rather have top end glove. Glove's gotta be over 85; Range at least 80. Ideally everything over 85. Don't forget arm, 90+ arms get you plus plays too.

3/6/2017 7:26 AM
Positional fielding ratings decline Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.