Why does my team suck so bad? Topic

Hi All, I'm a noob here to hardball. I'm in my 3rd season with my 'Norfolk Gladiators' and I thought I made substantial positive changes in most positions and here we are doing WAY WORSE. Can anyone guide me on what my team is doing wrong? Just a general overview? My other 2 teams I just started out on and the only reason I did that was to try and increase my experience across the HBD platform.

Thanks.
3/6/2017 1:26 PM
It's a grab bag of reasons.

Your defense is weak. SS/CF need upgrades. 85 across the board at SS, 85/75 range/glove in CF. There are exceptions where the bat just outweighs the lower D. Yours do not.

You don't have a single impact bat and most are back-up level hitters without the D to make them back-up players.

To me, it looks like you have three legit BL pitchers(although I'd use Turk White while most wouldn't).

Use 70 splits as your baseline for both hitters and pitcher. 55, 63, 65, etc are going to produce mediocre results.
3/6/2017 1:39 PM
For starters, put Mejias in CF and use those 2 CF at 2B. That's an immediate upgrade without any player moves.
3/6/2017 1:42 PM
FWIW, it's not a terrible team. It's just mediocre, or below average, everywhere. A few tweaks, and better pitching, will help.
3/6/2017 1:43 PM
This information makes sense. Thanks guys. Any other insight would be appreciated.
3/6/2017 2:15 PM
Just from a quick look, your team doesn't really have an identity. It's kind of a jack of all trades which can be tough. You have to decide which way you want the team to go. Do you want to be defensive with pitching and win games 2-1? Do you want a fast team that steals a bunch of bases and knocks runners in from second? Do you want a lot of guys that walk then power hitters to crank the home run to score them? Your team has a little of all of the above which can be difficult to formulate a game plan. If you pick a direction and stick to it, it should help out with the W's.
3/6/2017 2:49 PM
Why does my team suck so bad? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.