How can I keep the old owners budget on a new team Topic

But the previous owner apparently had $41 million in his prospect budget so that was an option for me: to allocate $41 million of the $185 million to prospects.
4/20/2017 11:59 AM
Well, if I'm reading this right, and it's a messy read without being able to see everything, WifS should at least compensate you with a free season. It's a programming error on their part. Of course, that doesn't mean the other 31 owners should be put at a disadvantage(which they would be in the IFA market) but you shouldn't have an advantage(which you do in the IFA market). Nor should you be punished by having that money moved to payroll 60 games into the season. How in the hell do you spend 20m in payroll with 100 games left?
4/20/2017 12:04 PM
There's the problem. You're not supposed to have the option to start with $41m in your prospect budget. The fact that you were was an obvious bug somewhere.

You're acting as if you should be entitled to benefit from said bug, thus giving you an advantage over the other 31 owners in your world. You're not. They have every right to be upset about it, though to label you a "cheater" would be wrong. This wasn't something of your own doing, it was a WIS screw-up. You were just (unjustly) trying to take advantage of it.

It was right for WIS to take the excess prospect budget away (I would assume they reallocated it in player payroll). If you want to move it back to prospect, you're free to do so the same way everybody else in your world can . . . via a transfer that incurs a 50% penalty.
4/20/2017 12:07 PM
Ok, That sounds reasonable. Thanks to both of you for your very thoughtful responses. The thing that is troubling is I've made a lot of decisions assuming that my budget was .... my budget, the one that was on the budget tab. As MikeT23 observed, more than a third of the way through the season, it is very disruptive to have to deal with that change, although I will transfer the money back to prospects. But even there, I've made decisions on prospects earlier in the year that assumed I knew what my budget was. Oh well.
4/20/2017 12:22 PM
Only you know if you were trying to game the system. Either way, I think you're entitled to compensation. As stated, you've made decisions regarding your team based on what the system allowed. Doing something along that line jacks up your season's plans.

Customer Support link is at the bottom of this page. I'd send a ticket, explain my situation if I were in your shoes and request some sort of discount on this season.
4/20/2017 12:40 PM
Huh, guess the bug came back.
7/6/2016 10:46 PM brianplath
The new feature of allowing new owners to use prior budgets looks like it allows me to keep the previous owner's prospect payroll. In my team's case that's $47M. Is this a bug, or will that number get adjusted down to $20M prior to budgets being finalized? Otherwise that is a huge chunk of money not subject to the 50% transfer fee.
7/8/2016 12:01 PM Customer Support
Brian - it was a bug and we closed the bug this AM. thank you for making us aware of this!
4/20/2017 12:57 PM
They need Billy the Exterminator!!!
4/20/2017 1:02 PM
◂ Prev 12
How can I keep the old owners budget on a new team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.