Season starts on the 11th Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
How's the dream team coming along at Miles?
3/8/2017 12:03 AM
Wouldn't say that Miles team is even close to being out of a rebuild. Losing three point guards, that team will be lucky to win 8 or 9 games next season.
3/8/2017 2:45 PM
Posted by scoopdogg1 on 3/8/2017 2:45:00 PM (view original):
Wouldn't say that Miles team is even close to being out of a rebuild. Losing three point guards, that team will be lucky to win 8 or 9 games next season.
I think more in the range of 12 is better being non-conf schedule is easy to manipulate and the rest of the roster isn't horrid. Definitly have a point however, unless you are JUCO filling you only have 1 okay guard on roster next season in Smith. However the other guards are rough. Pinder can come off the bench for scoring relief but will get you torched on the other end. Unless you have a plan with a JUCO in mind you might as well right next season off and possibly 2-3 seasons.

My only other suggestion is to put more emphasis on DEF, I wont recruit a guy that won't finish above 50 overall defense and that's if he has crazy other intangibles. Most of the guys I will bring in on a D2 level will be 60-70 + DEF. Especially if you are trying to win at a high level this will be required as other high caliber teams will be just as good. A lot of your current recruits are really rough in the DEF category. Under 40 DEF is asking for trouble, easy to game plan against especially running man to man.
3/8/2017 3:12 PM
To piggyback off Bagger and actually try to be helpful for once....I have to agree that team is NOT a strong team. I'm not saying it's the worst out there, it just is what it is. It's a team that'll win 12-15 games (depending on how you schedule) and won't make any tournaments. I'd recommend being more aggressive in recruiting. Stop settling for guys just to avoid battles or taking walk ons. Why you ever sought out and recruited Leslie Lindsey is beyond me. He and James Gaines should be cut this offseason.
3/8/2017 3:48 PM
Another thing coachward, that team is nowhere near equipped to run a triangle offense. Players with speed, great passing ability, posts with high LP and guards with high Per are essential. While you have 1, maybe two decent scorers on that team at best, the team lacks great passers and fast players. Also, to follow up on what Bagger said, that team lacks defense and would likely get carved up like a pumpkin sitting in an oven all day if it played any team with a pulse. 12 wins seems like a stretch, but it is doable I suppose. I would suggest investing 85 percent of your AP into a stud D2 player and the rest of your AP on guys who can Rebound, pass, play defense and have quickness. I wouldn't take a player under 80 speed, at the PG and SG positions at D2. I'd maybe take a guard with 70 speed if he had great intangibles. As for PF's and C's, they have at least 25 or 30 speed at the very minimum.
3/8/2017 4:12 PM
Posted by MWalpole on 3/8/2017 3:48:00 PM (view original):
To piggyback off Bagger and actually try to be helpful for once....I have to agree that team is NOT a strong team. I'm not saying it's the worst out there, it just is what it is. It's a team that'll win 12-15 games (depending on how you schedule) and won't make any tournaments. I'd recommend being more aggressive in recruiting. Stop settling for guys just to avoid battles or taking walk ons. Why you ever sought out and recruited Leslie Lindsey is beyond me. He and James Gaines should be cut this offseason.
What, you don't think guys with athleticism and defense in the twenties and a work ethic of one can be program-builders? Seems like an awfully unconventional line of thinking, but you do you.
3/8/2017 4:43 PM
DI coaching
3/8/2017 5:40 PM
Enunciate!
3/8/2017 7:06 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 3/8/2017 6:53:00 PM (view original):
Here is the auto link to the video enjoy. Only going to be 2 episodes this week I work 2 jobs on the weekend now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc6OdhJQbIo
Great stuff. Great ****
3/8/2017 7:20 PM
12345 Next ▸
Season starts on the 11th Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.