Recruiting- What would you do? Topic

Ok, here's my situation. Signings have started. I have 100 bucks left and one scholarship to fill. Here are my choices:

OL 1- This is the guy I want most and have invested most in. He has a scholarship offer, but I'm battling a formidable opponent and I have almost no money left. I could send some calls and just hope.

OL 2- He's yellow to me and another team, but has been since the first cycle, so I don't think they're going hard after him. I could throw a scholarship at him and hope that's enough.

WR- He's undecided. I've scouted him and like him, but I don't need another r WR that bad. I could throw him a scholarship and see if he bites.

I realize I may have to eat poop and come away with nothing. But what would you say is my best option?
3/7/2017 4:11 PM
are you ahead or behind on OL1? if you're ahead i would just sit on the $100. he will sign with you unless other school passes you. if that happens then use your $100 to offer scholarship to OL2
3/7/2017 4:32 PM
How do i know if I'm ahead?
3/7/2017 4:37 PM
On the signing cycle, if you had offered a scholarship but he didn't sign, the recruit will send you a response that tells you either "at the top of his list" or he's "leaning towards another school".

If this status changes you will get another note when cycle updates. If you don't get another note nothing changed.
3/7/2017 4:42 PM
If you aren't winning on OL1, I'd just wait a few more cycles for the undecided guy to turn green, or for the other person on OL2 to (hopefully) fill their class without signing the guy, at which point he'll turn green for you and you can sign him for just the scholarship. If you need an OL more then I'd wait for OL2 to work itself out before signing WR even if the WR turns green first.
3/7/2017 4:51 PM
Ok in that case, I'm behind on OL 1. So it looks like I should concentrate on OL 2 then.
3/7/2017 4:55 PM
Thanks for the advice, btw.
3/7/2017 4:56 PM
You spent too much on that DB....lol....
3/7/2017 9:25 PM
Posted by GoldenHomer2 on 3/7/2017 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Ok in that case, I'm behind on OL 1. So it looks like I should concentrate on OL 2 then.
Ok. So at this point just do nothing, until the OL either signs with the other guy or goes green for you (at which point offer him a scholarship). If he signs with the other guy, just keep waiting and the undecided WR will eventually go green to you before signings end. When he does, you can just offer him the scholarship and get him.
3/7/2017 9:59 PM
Thanks, z32. And holdaway, that DB said it wasn't about the money. Menlo just has ugly girls.
3/7/2017 10:11 PM
Hahahahaha.....that was great. Thanks for the laugh Homer...
3/7/2017 10:44 PM
Recruiting- What would you do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.