What's the best way to use this guy? Topic

Player Profile: Yadiel Hernandez - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

He is clearly good enough to contribute at the ML level right now but I want to make sure I maximize his innings so he develops as fully as possible.

However, bearing in mind the low stamina and durability (only gained 2 points in STA and 1 in DUR over the offseason with 20m in Training), it seems unlikely he will develop enough to be used as a regular SP.

As such, I am better off promoting him to ML level rather than "wasting" him in the Minors? By promoting him to the ML level, he'll get better coaching but he would likely pitch less innings as right now he would probably be the 2nd or 3rd best RP on the team.

If I do promote him to the ML, what's the best way of getting the most innings out him - SUA, available in the 6th or 7th with a max PC of ~45/50 (hopefully 2/3 innings every 3rd or 4th game) or a LRA with a max PC of ~70/75 (maybe 4 - 5 innings every 5th or 6th game)?

I'd appreciate any advice on the best way to use him, both this season and longer term.
3/7/2017 8:35 PM
SuA, 25/35 PC. Unless you're a contender, leave him in the minors this season. I'd say start him but that 17 DUR just destroys his usefulness as a 4 inning starter.
3/7/2017 9:02 PM
Agree with mike. If you wanna use him in the majors, make him a 3 inning closer. (And when I say closer I mean SuA). 7th inning avail. 25/35 PC.
3/7/2017 9:42 PM
If he's better than one or more of your starting pitchers, you can throw him in the rotation on a short pitch count. Maybe tandem him with another low IP starter. You might only get 3 or 4 IP out of him every fifth day, but they might be better innings than you would get otherwise.

Unless your team is not expected to contend. If that's the case, leave him in the minors for more development.
3/7/2017 10:42 PM
What's the best way to use this guy? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.