Amazing D2 player Topic

Chew has an amazing D2 player on his Mestropolitan St. team in Phelen. This guy is incredible, I checked the draft projections fully expecting him to be on it, but he wasn't.

Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Issac Mendivil - Ratings - Phelan - Hoops Dynasty Basketball | WhatIfSports

He is above 90 in all of the core big man stats. With decent speed and decent passing.

This guy is the best D2 player I have ever seen, and I would start him on my VT team no brainer.
3/10/2017 3:15 PM
I play his stacked team tomorrow, fully expecting to get blown out.
3/10/2017 3:18 PM
One of the best I've seen.....didn't take any crazy growth either so I have no idea how this happened.
3/10/2017 3:37 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 3/10/2017 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Chew has an amazing D2 player on his Mestropolitan St. team in Phelen. This guy is incredible, I checked the draft projections fully expecting him to be on it, but he wasn't.

Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Issac Mendivil - Ratings - Phelan - Hoops Dynasty Basketball | WhatIfSports

He is above 90 in all of the core big man stats. With decent speed and decent passing.

This guy is the best D2 player I have ever seen, and I would start him on my VT team no brainer.
He got lucky on the roll.
3/10/2017 3:38 PM
Doesn't have enough of a perimeter rating to be on the draft board. Seems to be one of the criteria for making the Top 100.

I think with the diminished number of D-1 coaches, it's probably easier for D-2 teams to pick up these types of players. When he started his freshman year, he wasn't anything spectacular, just athleticism. Also, started with a 25 work ethic, which probably scared some D-1 coaches away.
3/10/2017 3:49 PM
How is that guy only averaging 14.5 ppg? Not even the leading scorer on his team.
3/10/2017 5:39 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
3/10/2017 7:29 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 3/10/2017 3:49:00 PM (view original):
Doesn't have enough of a perimeter rating to be on the draft board. Seems to be one of the criteria for making the Top 100.

I think with the diminished number of D-1 coaches, it's probably easier for D-2 teams to pick up these types of players. When he started his freshman year, he wasn't anything spectacular, just athleticism. Also, started with a 25 work ethic, which probably scared some D-1 coaches away.
^^^This. His perimeter rating. This guy is very similar to alot of big men I have had drafted but they are usually at least 40-50 in perimeter. BH is a little low too. That being said I totally wouldn't mind seeing this guy as a late pick (50th or later).

Also he should be averaging 25-30ppg at DII
3/10/2017 9:12 PM
3/11/2017 6:58 AM (edited)
Posted by skinzfan36 on 3/10/2017 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thewizard17 on 3/10/2017 3:49:00 PM (view original):

^^^This. His perimeter rating. This guy is very similar to alot of big men I have had drafted but they are usually at least 40-50 in perimeter. BH is a little low too. That being said I totally wouldn't mind seeing this guy as a late pick (50th or later).

Also he should be averaging 25-30ppg at DII
Chew has won multiple national titles, he knows what he's doing. If that was in his teams best interest he'd have his stud averaging that many - but he clearly doesn't believe that to be the case.

Plummer is a real stud, he had quite a few weapons really. I'd much rather face a team where medvil was averaging 25 a game than the well balanced squad he had. That's generally what always makes Chew so tough to beat.
3/12/2017 1:08 PM (edited)
Amazing D2 player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.