RECRUITNG/NO MONEY Topic

OUT OF MONEY WITH SCHOLARSHIPS LEFT. WHAT KIND OF WALK ONS CAN I EXSPECT??? I AM THINKING POOR BUT CAN YOU GET LUCKY?
3/10/2017 4:57 PM
Odds are slim. You will probably need to plan on cutting as many as you can at the end of the season. Also, don't post in all caps.

nitros

3/10/2017 5:03 PM
I had a walk on LB that I redshirted and played in every game I could that was a blowout. He is now a JR and is serviceable.
3/10/2017 5:36 PM
I guess it depends on how many open scholarships you have. One is doable in terms of dealing with it. More than that will put a stress on your recruiting next year because you don't get the recruiting money for the scholarships you rescind. Also I remember reading on the forums that walk ons have an affect on the development of the rest of your team. 95% of the time they're garbage compared to the worst signable player imo.
3/10/2017 5:47 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mdodge13 on 3/10/2017 5:47:00 PM (view original):
I guess it depends on how many open scholarships you have. One is doable in terms of dealing with it. More than that will put a stress on your recruiting next year because you don't get the recruiting money for the scholarships you rescind. Also I remember reading on the forums that walk ons have an affect on the development of the rest of your team. 95% of the time they're garbage compared to the worst signable player imo.
1. You do get the money for the scholarships you rescind.
2. Walk-ons have an effect on the development of the rest of your team? Who told you that?
3/10/2017 9:00 PM
Oddly enough (get it?), the more walk-ons you get stuck with, the higher the likelihood you will get one player that doesn't suck so bad that you choke on the suckitude. One of the players that waregl72 talks about.
3/10/2017 9:35 PM
Posted by mdodge13 on 3/10/2017 5:47:00 PM (view original):
Misinformation likes this drives me crazy. Happens far too often.
3/10/2017 9:55 PM
I guess I misunderstood that when you cut a player you don't get the scholarship money but never really paid it more attention other than to just roll with who I have most of the time and not cut anyone. As far as the walk ons affecting development I got confused with Hoops Dynasty because they DO affect your dev in HD. I'm getting ready to take a team in HD again and I guess I got it mixed up. Sorry.
3/10/2017 10:28 PM
I had a walk on kicker that was had a over 90% FG percentage all 4 years.
3/10/2017 11:05 PM
If anything I think this just goes to show that make sure you check multiple sources and fact-check as best you can. Things can get diluted. Especially when we play a game that has "Manuals" that are older than one of my children.
3/11/2017 10:08 AM
The walk ons are usually complete crap. However....it does depend on a few things. I had a walkon QB last season....no problem. He sucks bad. But.....I'm a running only team, so that guy plays on the running downs. No big deal. Many, many seasons ago I had a walkon DL that was actually halfway decent and ended up being the #2 All Time Sack leader (at the time) when he was a Senior.

You can always cut them, but your rep gets dinged for each cut. Which hurts you next recruiting season.
3/11/2017 3:19 PM
RECRUITNG/NO MONEY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.