Re-Implement Post-Season Cash Topic

On the fence 926 overall, 798. Likely staying 896. Two jrs, one sophomore. So I should expect my 926 to go? To prepare, I have to get a pf, c. But my 798 jr was a potential ee last season, so he has been wanting to move for teo seasons, so i take a guard.
3/12/2017 4:59 PM
some of you guys arguing against even the slightest objections on this point don't even seem to play D1. the fact that you're discussing raw rating totals as indication of draft status shows how ignorant you are on this topic. i'm not saying that to be insulting, really don't mean it like that...i mean as you are literally ignorant of this topic and are speaking as if your opinion should have the same weight as those experiencing these issues.

1. there are a number D2 players in the 800s...how many D2 players are going EE? 0.
2. in D2/D3 all players are replaceable with "replacement-level" recruits so to speak--guys who can pick up minutes are ALWAYS available, up to the last cycle. but this is NOT the case in D1. if you all played D1, you would understand this.
3. i've had multiple guys go EE who were backups on my teams. a couple weren't on the big board. they had no business going EE but randomly went while much better starters stayed. who could have predicted that? where is the strategy in planning for that?
4. well...there is no strategy in that. it's an absolute guessing game when trying to figure which positions you'll have to replace. you can't plan backups for your backups in D1! there are only so many AP to go around, and D2 schools take the "replacement-level" guys very quickly.

minor tweaks could make this better. don't argue against it if you haven't experienced it.
3/12/2017 5:16 PM
Don't give a damn about "on the fence/likely staying". In Smith, I care about 834. If the number is 787 in your world, I'd care about 787.
3/12/2017 5:17 PM
mike, this is the wrong topic for you to argue. you are so, so, so, so wrong.
3/12/2017 5:20 PM
No, it really isn't. This is NOT complicated. I am well aware that OVR isn't the leading factor in pretty much anything. I was being VERY SIMPLISTIC because that's all that's necessary to make my point. I know that 834 is the lowest OVR on the Big Board in Smith. So, if I wanted to be semi-prepared for EE, I used 834 as my number.

Now, if I really wanted to dig into it, I'd look at the "important" ratings for each position of the guys on the board. If 87 LP, 91, BLK, 68 ATH, 27 SPD, 88 D, etc, etc, were the low water marks for C, I'd see if my C were there.

You don't have to be "perfect" but you can make a best guess on who is declaring. And plan appropriately. No one should ever be "surprised" by an EE.
3/12/2017 5:28 PM
This will sound dickish but so be it. Some of you believe this game is so complicated that you have to have many, many seasons at whatever level is being discussed to even have an inkling of what's going on. That isn't true. This game is just a bunch of numbers and everyone can view those numbers. There's nothing behind the curtain. There isn't even a curtain. It's there for all to see.
3/12/2017 5:30 PM
And, FWIW, if you're using 834 and think your 850 will declare, you'll be pleasantly surprised if he doesn't.
3/12/2017 5:31 PM
mike, there are hundreds of players in D1 and D2 above the ratings you listed. it is completely useless. you are wrong. give it up.
3/12/2017 5:32 PM
bathtubhippo, I'm sure there are. We're not talking about who actually declares. We're talking about YOU(or whoever) being prepared to lose an EE and not being "surprised!!!!" If you take the time to get a guideline, and you can use whatever system you want, you won't be "surprised" when one of your players above that guideline declares.

Is there some other way to explain this?
3/12/2017 5:35 PM
Mike I think you misunderstood what Zorzii is saying.
3/12/2017 5:37 PM
Nope. English is my first language and he didn't use any words I didn't know. But, if you think I did, explain it to me.
3/12/2017 5:38 PM
is there some other way i can explain that you're making a fool out of yourself here with your total ignorance and insistence? the assertion you're making is not remotely helpful. how i can explain that further, i just can't say. you can't prepare for every 800+ player to possibly leave, that's ludicrous. how many AP do you think you get in D1??

you can make 3 more replies to this if you want, but i'm not feeding you further on this topic. what you're saying is not helpful. at D1 it is utterly useless information. you would know if you played D1. but you don't. so you don't. enough.
3/12/2017 5:41 PM
Yes, you're brilliant because you play D1. I've been being polite but, if you want to be a dick, I'm pretty good at it.

You're talking about being surprised by EE and having no way to prepare. That's ridiculous and stupid. You're good enough to recruit quality players but you have no idea when one might declare early. That is utter nonsense. You're either playing stupid or are actually stupid. This game is nothing more than a group of numbers. Everyone knows that 88 is better than 85. Everyone can view the Big Board and compare their players to those on that board. Everyone, at least everyone who can read and understands the value of numbers, can make a "best guess" if their players might declare. Well, everyone but you. You just can't figure it out. Congrats?
3/12/2017 5:47 PM
Your logic and way of thinking is entertaining to say the least Mike.
3/12/2017 5:50 PM
I just think it's unbelievably stupid to claim you can't figure out if a guy "might" declare early. There are numbers that you can see. There is a program that isn't going to deviate from those numbers. None of these players are real and they're not making rash decisions. No one at WifS is popping in and saying "You know what? I'm going to have this guy declare early." It's just a program that evaluates numbers and, when they add up, the "player" declares.

Anyone who thinks it works differently has to be a moron. Has to be.
3/12/2017 5:54 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Re-Implement Post-Season Cash Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.