Re-Implement Post-Season Cash Topic

If anyone wants to argue that they can't adequately prepare because they don't have the resources, I'm not going to argue against that. But, if you have 4 players who reach your predetermined guideline of EE and you can only replace 3, you just have to decide which one is least likely and work from there.

3/12/2017 5:57 PM
You have to decide which is least likely and work from there. Based upon your idea to use overall rating to determine this?
3/12/2017 6:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2017 5:28:00 PM (view original):
No, it really isn't. This is NOT complicated. I am well aware that OVR isn't the leading factor in pretty much anything. I was being VERY SIMPLISTIC because that's all that's necessary to make my point. I know that 834 is the lowest OVR on the Big Board in Smith. So, if I wanted to be semi-prepared for EE, I used 834 as my number.

Now, if I really wanted to dig into it, I'd look at the "important" ratings for each position of the guys on the board. If 87 LP, 91, BLK, 68 ATH, 27 SPD, 88 D, etc, etc, were the low water marks for C, I'd see if my C were there.

You don't have to be "perfect" but you can make a best guess on who is declaring. And plan appropriately. No one should ever be "surprised" by an EE.
Do you want me to explain this?
3/12/2017 6:09 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2017 5:35:00 PM (view original):
bathtubhippo, I'm sure there are. We're not talking about who actually declares. We're talking about YOU(or whoever) being prepared to lose an EE and not being "surprised!!!!" If you take the time to get a guideline, and you can use whatever system you want, you won't be "surprised" when one of your players above that guideline declares.

Is there some other way to explain this?
Or this?
3/12/2017 6:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2017 6:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2017 5:35:00 PM (view original):
bathtubhippo, I'm sure there are. We're not talking about who actually declares. We're talking about YOU(or whoever) being prepared to lose an EE and not being "surprised!!!!" If you take the time to get a guideline, and you can use whatever system you want, you won't be "surprised" when one of your players above that guideline declares.

Is there some other way to explain this?
Or this?
Mike : you can't predict anything. As much as I like you, I feel you are way off. I have prepared for one ee and it's going to be a battle to hell, if two leaves or three leaves, I am taking two to three walk-ons.
3/12/2017 6:36 PM
Jeez. You can make a "best guess". As I said, it's a program working with numbers. Nothing more, nothing less. It sounds like you already KNOW you have three potential EE. So you are "predicting" it even if you don't know you are.

Now the 2nd part, I can't disagree. Nonetheless, I'm quite sure 3 EE are next to impossible to replace. But you KNOW that you might be trying to do that.

Which, of course, it what I've been saying. BTH says he's "surprised" by EE. That's bullshit.
3/12/2017 6:42 PM
It's not an overall ratings thing, Bathtubhippo. I pointed out that without much exception, all the guys on the big board were top 20 talent when they were recruited at their position. The one exception was a guy who was 26th. What ranking were your players that left early? I'd suspect they were well within that range. SO, one could surmise that somewhere in the programming the top rated recruits are much much much more likely to leave early than the 193rd best Center that a D2 or even D3 could land. Now, you can come back at me with saying I've never recruited at D1 or even D2 so my opinion doesn't count, that's fine. I'm a logical thinker. Could you explain to me why there were NO PLAYERS on the big board that were rated lower than 26th at their position? Think that's a coincidence?

I get so tired of people whining CONSTANTLY about the same damn things over, and over, and over, and over again. Again, I may not have played D1 but that doesn't matter here. I've played this GAME long enough to know how fast things move. Has constant complaining moved things along faster in the past? Or is it more likely they will plod along at their own pace regardless of the incessant moaning and groaning? So tell me, what is hoped to be accomplished by the complaining?

I don't mean to sound like a dick here either. I realize that D3 isn't nearly as competitive recruiting wise as D1. Never said it was. But the rules are the same for all D1 coaches right? Some D1 aren't recruiting with different rules than others, are they? Absent of that, the cream will rise to the top. I don't know this, so could someone please fill me in? Since 3.0 was implemented has there been more first time NT winners or mid major teams winning division 1 NT titles? If there has, I'm sorry, I'm way off base. But from what I've seen and heard, it appears many of the same coaches that were consistent winners before are winning now. Maybe it's a matter of adapting to the new conditions better. Can anyone explain why that wouldn't be the case if what I believe is true? And if you say there haven't been enough time yet for the changes to really make a difference, shouldn't the complaining stop then too, since not enough time under the new system to see how things really work out???
3/12/2017 7:20 PM
Hopefully they can come up with the compromise on EE's that everyone is happy with...
3/12/2017 7:37 PM (edited)
No EE change is going to make everyone happy.

And I'm glad there's another guy who realizes you don't have to be in D1 to actually understand EE. Some of those D1 guys think they invented fire and the rest of us don't know it's hot.
3/12/2017 7:37 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2017 7:37:00 PM (view original):

And I'm glad there's another guy who realizes you don't have to be in D1 to actually understand EE. Some of those D1 guys think they invented fire and the rest of us don't know it's hot.
You sound like a complete dick..
3/12/2017 7:49 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 3/12/2017 7:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/12/2017 7:37:00 PM (view original):

You sound like a complete dick..
Wardo with the burn!
3/12/2017 7:58 PM
If that's a burn, you're a simple-minded loser. Just sayin'.

Burn?
3/12/2017 8:00 PM
MikeT with the even bigger burn!
3/12/2017 8:01 PM
OK, SML.
3/12/2017 8:04 PM
Saw 5 pages of comments on my topic and I got excited that people were debating my idea of re-implementing post-season cash! I thought it might get a discussion rolling on how to invigorate session 2 recruiting (and adding more $ into session 2 would definitely make it more interesting).

Now I'm a bit disappointed, but I honestly should've expected this from today's forums.
3/12/2017 8:05 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Re-Implement Post-Season Cash Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.